Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2003, 04:34 PM   #1
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Pullrite 5er Hitch

Does anyone have the Pullrite sliding hitch? I have a question about this hitch.
We joined the Sam's club in order to get the towing service they provide. They tell you if you brake down on the road they will not only tow your vehicle in for service, but will tow your 5er to the nearest campground free of charge. I spoke to the Sam's club personally about this matter and they said oh yes, they send out two tow trucks. When I told her about my hitch she said, oh they would just send a flat bed out and load it up. After I hung up it dawned on me how the heck could they put a 5er on a flatt bed, that thing wouldn't fit under any viaduct. Even if they didn't have to pass under any bridges what about the trees? This thing would be a mile high. The question I have is if you use the pullrite hitch you have to have a special plate connected to the 5er in order to hook up. How can another tow vehicle pick your 5er up without this special plate. The hitch is great I never have to get out of my vechicle to pull a lever when I want to back up. As soon as I turn 10 degrees the hitch automatically slides back. With a short bed pickup I never have to worry about taking the cab off the chasis.
If I have you totally confused I am new at this so I appoligize now.

Troubled Pullrite owner.

Bill & Rita

Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote