Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2004, 04:59 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
fla native's heading for Disney!

Yep! That's my plan. I have a reservation at Ft Wilderness fro 7 days at the great $29 rate for 7 days starting Sat. I have to hang around here today and get a much needed oil change and then I'll drive as far as Sebring tomorrow and park in front of my father's for one night then on to Disney.

Not sure if it's the best plan, but experience has shown that the area around Disney is up an operational before anyone else. It's the one area that has not suffered too much from either storm. So far. Disney's underground utility system has yet to be knocked out. Disney is built to sustain 195 mph winds. I don't think that Ivan is headed there anyway, but after the last two everything is just a guess.

There is not enough fuel to clear FL and I don't think there will be. Anywhere on the SW side is risky and we know what the east coast is like. So that's my plan. I have my FL resident pass and I"m just going to chill out at the world.

I hope the FL 5'ers will check in with their plans.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:15 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Sounds like a great plan, fla native!

Lets hope they get some serious fuel down your way real soon. I heard on the news that they were trying to get emergency deliveries made.

You deserve a bit of R & R and Mickey and his crew seem like a good gang to do it with!

Cheers and happy trails!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 05:58 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
fla native, Sounds like a good plan to me I will be praying that you and all other Florida members will be safe. Please keep us posted when you can.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:38 AM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Fla native, it appears that you did some smart thinking and Disney is a good location to hang out at.

I wonder if DisneyWorld has the intricate underground tunnel system like DisneyLand in California has and if so, are the tunnels sound enough to take refuge in? And do the DisneyWorld folks open them to the public in times of need.... as in hurricanes!

The tunnels here in California aren't open to the public for shelter from natural disasters, but out here our natural disasters are earthquakes.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:35 PM   #5
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Sounds like a good game plan. Hope all rv'ers are safe in Fla. That would be my choice as well. Hang in there. Keep us posted. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:43 AM   #6
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Yes I can tell You that the entire theme park is up 1 story. There is an incredible infrastructure underground. Actually it is ground level and the park is the second story.If You think about it, when You get off any of the boats You walk up a slope to get into the park. You also never see any inventory moving down the streets, You do see garbage cans emptied but no really big wagons carrying bags. It all has to go somewhere. You also don't see alot of characters going from place to place. They just appear and disappear.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:22 AM   #7
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Stay safe, and take care
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Hope all goes well with you, stay dry.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #9
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Sent my wife to Michigan this time. Cant be working and worrying about whos at home. I think its gong to stay on the Gulf side this time. Where it goes who knows. She needs a break too, can get the 4 wheeler fixed for Wyoming in Nov. and see some family and friends. Everyone play smart and stay safe.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 08:40 AM   #10
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I FL Disney does not open their tunnels to the public, but the park itself is built to withstand 195 mph winds.

We are at the world now. When we arrived they they told me the campground closed on Friday and we would be moving to the Port Orleans Riverside. Oh Darn! Same rate as the camping rate, so I'm not complaining. We are hanging around the resort today to see how things develop but may hit a park tomorrow. People here are going about their vacations without much thought of Ivan. I know I feel better but I still have some concern for LadyRam and Miss Montana if Ivan does decide to head this way. Right now it's too soon to tell. I'm hooked up in the parking lot of Riverside.

I think the new catch all phrase for the coming year will be the "Cone of Uncertainty". I think of a lot of times that phrase may come in handy outside of referring to hurricanes. You know like, "Do you have a job yet?" Answer, "Not yet, I"m in the Cone of Uncertainty".

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote