Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Help will be needed!

I have emailed the vast majority of folks who helped with last years rally (not willing to say I didn't miss someone) and a lot of folks who have helped with the rally in the past are either not coming this year or can't help for one reason or another. In someways this is a year of the passing of the torch (Olympic pun intended ). New ones of us will have to step forward. I haven't heard back from everyone yet so I'm going to wait till this weekend and then I'll post a listing of events and accommodations that won't take place unless someone steps up. Two folks I know we need for sure are Assistant Wagon Masters. Basically I'm looking for someone to oversee and be the go to person on social events (each event will have a facilitator and the facilitator will recruit helpers) and one person to oversee the facilities and any seminars we have that Keystone isn't arranging. Both Assistants will have the ability to innovate and enhance the rally experience and I will not leave them hanging. We will all three be successful and have fun at this! Volunteers may apply on this tread or PM or Email me. Please send a picture of you and your rig . Sorry, I do have a warped sense of humor and have been reading too many work camping help wanteds lately. If you're interested please let me know.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Facilitating these events is a snap. Helen and I have facilitated a event sometimes more than one at every rally since 2006. That will show you how easy it is. Regrettably We are unable to participate this year.Step up, have some fun.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Don't be shy, even if you've never volunteered for anything in your life. Folks will pitch in to help if needed. This is also a chance to share any specific knowledge you have that pertains to camping, traveling and full timing. For a list of different events, look at last year's rally to see what was offered that you might be able to help with. Don't be afraid to think outside the box either as new ideas are always welcome!

Please note - this also applies to first time attendees! Volunteering is a wonderful way to meet some of the people who make this board so great.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote