Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #161
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
We have dealt with three Mike Thompson RV dealers.

We became aware of Montanas from the Santa Fe Springs dealership at a huge RV show nearby. They spent a lot of time showing all the details of the rig even though we explained we were just starting to look for a larger rig and even with an outstanding offer on the table we were able to walk away. Score 10 for Sales.

Some months later, after looking at SOBs, we later purchased our Monty from the Fountain Valley dealership. The notes from the SF Springs got us a great deal that FV honored plus we got extra options that were not in the rig we originally looked at. Score 10 for Sales and Parts.

Since then we moved to another county and used the Colton dealership and we haven't been pleased in any of the three service visits there. They took almost 7 weeks for a refrigerator repair on one call. On the second call they didn't fix everything I thought they would fix on my warranty fix-it list and I ended up fixing some of these things myself rather than go back. The third call, they "convinced" me to get the wet shackles installed immediately since they were showing obvious wear and then didn't do a good job of it and I had to make adjustments myself. Score 0 for Service.

After the last call, I found out about and joined the MOC and have learned enough to fix my own problems and not drive 50 miles for dealer service.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:01 AM   #162
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Mike Thompsopns in Fountain Valley

We are having work done on our unit now, and would not let any
Mike Thompsons touch it.
The closes place Keystone could find to do the work under warranty
was Lifestyle RV in Quartzsite, AZ. Thats 240 miles from our home in Lake Forest, Ca.

helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:35 AM   #163
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Reposting the guidelines for the Dealer Ratings forum.

We, the MOC Administrative Staff, think that although a forum dedicated to posting one's experiences, both good and bad, with dealers would be beneficial to our Members, guidelines are necessary to keep each thread true to its subject. As such, we have formulated the following guidelines:

Post your personal experiences only without emotion, not opinions or hearsay.

This is to be a reference thread only to simply state objective facts; it is not to be a conversational thread. Please address questions or comments directly to the poster by email or private message.

Names of individual dealers' management/personnel will not be included in negative comments.

The MOC Administrative Staff reserves the right to edit or delete part or all of any post that, in our opinion, does not fit within these guidelines.

We appreciate the Membership's cooperation in following these guidelines.

Best regards,

the MOC Administrator
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #164
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9671
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Tacoma RV in Tacoma WA
Sales Experience 10 (LaDonna is the owner) Best price found anywhere.
Service is first rate: 10
Overall: 10
Robbie
I second Tacoma RV as having the Best Price, We have Bought three of our Last 4 Trailers there.
Sales 10
Service 10 Steve is the Greatest.
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:47 AM   #165
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Folsom Lake RV, Rancho Cordova, CA
Service 10
Sales 10
Cheryl in the service department is simply outstanding
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #166
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We just had some Keystone Warranty work done At RV Lifestles in Quartzsite,Arizona.
They did what they said and completed it when they said and it looks great.
The Service Manager is James Angerami. If you need and work done and you are in the area
we would highly recommend them.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #167
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Camping World in Burlington,WA (formerly Foley EZ Time RV)

Service - ZERO. We had our rig in for warranty work. After it was there for 4 weeks with no repairs being performed, I wrote a letter to Camping World Corporate in Kentucky. One particular issue, our slides creeping out has persisted for 3 visits since Sept. 2009. After corporate contacted the store in Burlington (having the rig for 5 weeks by then) all repairs were completed satisfactorily within 3 days. We will not return to this service center.

Jack
Old 07-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #168
AlanPat
Established Member

M.O.C. #9264
My wife and I had a great experience in Elkhart, Ind with using Tiara RV to fix the left front jack on our Montana. The people were great and they did not take advantage of us. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
AlanPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #169
restez
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10477
We had a great experience with Thompson Family RV in Davenport Iowa. Best price and great service so far.
restez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #170
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Camper Clinic
Buda, Tx

Quality of work-- 1
Cost--expensive
Customer Service--1
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #171
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We had a great experience with Lewis Service Center that Keystone sent us to today because of a crack in our rim... They did not fix our rim but helped us to get the help we needed to get a salution to this problem even though they do not get a penny for all they did for us... This is in Okahoma City just off I-40 on E. Reno..... What a great find.. Thanks keystone for sending us there

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:37 AM   #172
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Where's the rest of the thread?
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:42 AM   #173
Stubbytails
Established Member

M.O.C. #10622
Olympia, Washington - Dealer Rating
Adventure RV - Rochester, WA

9-Sales - We were promised everything, all of our concerns were addressed and would be corrected.
9-Price - excellent and excellent trade in (later we found out why)
0-Maintenance - Incorrect parts, broken parts used for repairs.
0-Time - Slow and non-responsive to estimates.
0-Customer Service - Terrible, can't rate low enough.

We listed what was to be fixed, what was to be replaced, and the until was to be detailed inside and out. We were promised everything, but once the check cleared we became "This is a USED RV, what do you expect" people
One month after we purchased, we finally picked up our Montana with shoddy work and dealers poor attitude. Complaining about work was met with aggression. I will not go back under any circumstances-I urge anyone getting a fantastic price look past the contract, you will not get what you are promised.
Stubbytails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #174
GaryM
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9975
Country RV Center LTD.
Kelowna, British Columbia.

Sales 7 -Best price I could find after dealing with 4 dealers in western Canada.

Warranty manager 1 -Long story

Service department 0 -They looked at the underside of the pin area as I have frame flex/front cap movement. No problems found. Problem not fixed after two days at the dealer. When the technician installed the outside moldings the calking job was a mess. A list of other things that needed to be fixed. Two of which I did my self, table top replaced and the sofa drawer latch and the shower surround crack which was subbed out to another contractor. There are others issues that were not done. They had no problem contacting Keystone when they needed authorization to look at my RV. But once that was done they had problems contacting Keystone to get me an appointment in Pendleton. And with advanced notice and an appointment they did not even order a new table top, they took one out of another RV on there lot.

Customer Service 0

Parts person 10 -Very friendly and helped us with local area attractions.
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #175
raja402
Established Member

M.O.C. #4716
High Desert RV. Prineville, Oregon. Excellent service, price and quality work. Had our rig in twice now and both times impressed. Once was a total roof repair (low bridge) the other was an axles replacement. Darrin and crew top notch in my book. The axle outfit was late in getting the axles to him and he (Darrin) ate the costs and gave us discounts for the delay. If you ever need quality work, I highly recommend them.
raja402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #176
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Hawley's Camping Center, Hope Mills, N.C. Just off I-95 Exit 41
(0-10) 10 excellent, have met all needs , have had no problems
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #177
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
DRAKE's RV Service, Pendleton, OR....10+++

This is a service center only with no sales of RV's. I would definitely give them a 10+++ for customer care, quality of work and service.

We recently had our rig at the Keystone factory in Pendleton, OR for some work and had a 2nd A/C installed at Drakes while there. We were impressed with their work and the communication with us prior to our arrival to ensure they had everything ready to go when we got there to make the installation quick and painless. Because we were not sure of exactly when we would get the rig back from Keystone we did not make an appointment with Drakes. They simply told us "let us know when you will be here and we will stop what we are doing and get the A/C installed in your unit"....and they did.

Joe, Mark and Ken did everything to make ours a positive experience.

Jack
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #178
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Scotts Motor Coach, Lakewood, NJ

So far this is what we have experienced:

Sales - 9
Price - 9
Customer Service and Follow Up - 8
Warranty Work - 8
Would We Buy Here Again - 10

Can't say enough about Lee and his crew, everyone at Scotts has treated us great.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #179
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
Dandy RV,
Anniston and Bessemer, AL

Sales. 10
Service (so far)10

Only had our 2013 358rlt Mountaineer since August but Everyone from receptionist, sales, service and parts go out of their way to make the customer happy at Dandy RV. I even wrote a letter to owner to commend their customer relations.
Have owned 10 rvs and most pleased with this dealer.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #180
Billorn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13379
Southern RV- Richmond, VA

Sales 10
Service 10

John and Tracy will treat you like family
Billorn is offline   Reply With Quote