Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Mel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10238
12 Volt Distribution Panel

I have a 2009 Montana 3400. It has a IOTA IDP-12 Voltage Distribution Panel. Does anyone have or know where I can get the manual for it?

I have searched the web, including the IOTA web site and have not found one. I did not get one when I bought my Montana.

I now have a blown fuse with the little light on above it and not sure what it means.

I was replacing a bulb in the reading light next to the recliners, when I blew the circuit. I have replaced the fuse, but still cannot get the circuit on. I removed both bulbs from the light fixture and still no luck. I am starting to assume I have a short in the fixture.

A manual and electrical diagram would sure help.
Did others get electrical disgrams with your 5th wheel?

Mel

Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
The little red light (LED) over the fuse will come on only when the fuse is blown and the circuit is trying to draw voltage/current.

Example - if a blub is actually shorted out the fuse will blow when you turn on the bulb's switch. Now the LED example: if the switch stays on the red LED above the fuse will illuminate. However, if you turn off the switch that controls the shorted bulb then the red LED goes out.

If your red LED stays on the fuse is blown and the circuit is still trying to draw voltage/current. So I agree you probably have a short in the light fixture wiring.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
In answer to your last question ... no ... an electrical diagram for about any RV would be the "find of the century". I'm convinced no two same model RV's wiring is the same as in how the wiring is run during the build.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I would replace the fuse. If it blows again, start a trace to look for a problem.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote