Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
End of a GRAND RGV season

After a few days delay for a reservation and for a bit of illness here in the Stevens' rig, we believe we are off tomorrow AM for points north.

The weather has been grand, 10 to 20 degrees warmer than normal, overall that has been great, a few days were a bit warm, whew, but, this gal ain't complainin!!

Al and I wanted to thank everyone who helped us enjoy our 06 season as Winter Texans!

Thanks to Ginette who is gonna make me look like a hero to my twin granddaughters!

Thanks to Mary and Skip for being helpful and wonderful and good friends to all MOCer's. Your assistance at just the right time was the best!!

Thanks to John and Marge and John and Donna for some great laughs and times. Yes, they even snagged me into Mexican Train.

Thanks to John and John (and others involved) for helping design the bike stand.

Thanks to Vicki and Steve for ideas about the door handle and the paper behind the glass doors, and thanks to Bill and Ann on that paper idea too!

Thanks to Steve for hints on S & T map making, they have helped more than I could have hoped for!

Thanks to all the MOC members who attended functions here in the RGV, some of you coming a LONG way for just a few days to particpate. We sure had a great time, didn't we??

Thanks to everyone for making this 3 months that Al and I will not forget for a VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME!

Thanks to all that I forgot to mention, this ole leaky brain just ain't what she used to be.

Our best to all, safe rides to all, we hope to see you all down the road, and next winter here in the Valley.

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Carol, Al and all the kids ... thanks for all you did to make sure we all had a good time while in the Valley. Travel safe and have a good time on your way home. Hope to see you guys again soon.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #3
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Carol & Al, we had such a great time with you and your kids, This is a winter which we will never forget. Travel safe and have a great summer and we look forward to seeing everyone next winter.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #4
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Carol and Al,

We enjoyed meeting with you. You really are such a good organizer, you should do it again Our present plans are to spend two months in the valley next year. An encore is certainly in order. Toot Toot!!
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:39 AM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Thanks Carol (and Al), it has been a wonderful three months down here in the RGV, and much of the credit must go to you for your great organizing skill and companionship. It has been great to have you as neighbours. We can only look forward to next year, and all the things we did not get around to doing this year!

Enjoy your trip home, travel safely, and have a wonderful summer in Michigan. We hope all the kids (especially Mr. G.) make it home in good health.)
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:54 AM   #6
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Safe travels Carol and Al. See you next winter.
We are heading out on the 7th or 8th, or the 9th or 10th. Haven't decided for sure. Watching the weather up north.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Thanks Carol and thanks to all for an enjoyable first winter out fulltiming....! We'll see everyone returning to BPV and the RGV from the north side of the BPV fenceline across from Carol and Al's site.
(Carol and Al: what was the "paper behind the glass" tip ??)

jerry & karen
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #8
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Carol is on the road, so I will give you a brief outline, Carol will no doubt fill in the blanks when she gets back on line.

If you take plain paper of cardboard (like bristol board) and place it behind the "stained glass" in some of the cabinet doors, two things happen, 1, the paper backing enhances the "stained glass" effect; and 2, the contents of the cupboards are hidden.

I'm not sure where this idea originated, but several people down here have done it.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #9
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160
Carol & Al
It was great meeting you two along with many MOC members. We are wanting to go back to Tx. when we watch their weather! It has been cool and continually raining in Calif. and we've been here nearly a month. I know as many feel, we appreciate all you do for the club and you do a great job Carol.
Travel safely and God willing we will look forward to seeing you all next winter. LaVonne & Larry
Old 04-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
To those who are interested, I took some before and after photos of the paper behind the glass improvement, and will post on my web site soon. I'll include some notes of how I did mine and some hints from Bill and Ann about how he did his.

We arrived at Fredericksburg KOA to find padredw and shirley awaiting and to sadly find that this is the worst flower season they have had in 20 or more years here, due to the draught. That said, I have this special view out the window over the desk, a wonderful vista of the area.

The web page will NOT be done tonight, too tired and I need to spend some time with Gallagher, his tummy always acts up when we travel, and nothing will help but some TLC from mom and a healthy dose of doggie peanut butter flavored tagamet. The tagamet is in there, the TLC comes in a few minutes. Anyway, I will post a note when I have the web page up, will include the bike stand in same (although if you snoop around on my web pages I already have those posted, go to home page, and go to 2006 stories and you can probably find it.)

Safe rides all!!
Old 04-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #11
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Carol and Al, I can't resist sending a message long distance from all the way across the creek. We are glad you made it and hope all your troop is feeling 'top of the morning' tomorrow.

David and Shirley
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #12
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Carol, we so enjoyed meeting you and Al in the Valley. You did such a good job organizing all of us. Wish we could have made more of the activities. Hope to see you again one of these days.
Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For the paper behind the glass, Vicki used plain ol' black construction paper purchased at Walmart. It makes the cupboards appear to be empty. It's a nice look.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:19 AM   #14
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OK, I got the basics on the paper backing up on this page:

http://geocities.com/genieyorks/montanaourwaywinter06

Thanks again to Vicki R and Bill and Ann for showing us their versions of this improvement. It is a simple one, but we love it. Got tired of looking at all that stuff through that glass, and now we can see the design!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On edit: Also added to this web page, the slick screen door opener and the lights on the step that Al added. Door opener is thanks to Vicki & Steve R. and Norm Kwist.