Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Are These China Bombs?

[/img]

The two dark streaks are where I wet my fingers and traced/marked the indentations. There is a bulge between the two marks and elsewhere on the sidewall of the tire. There are also bulges elsewhere on the same tire, all on the sidewall. We have the same situation on three out of the four tires.

Please note that we have been essentially static since February 2011, with one trip to Lancaster in June for the Montana regional rally. Yes, we keep the tires aired up and covered and not sitting directly on the blacktop parking lot.

Just from reading my description and seeing the photo, are these indeed issues with the belts, i.e. "China bombs"? They are the originals.

We are looking to replace them, irregardless. Consensus as to make, ply, size, etc. for a 2010 Monty would also be appreciated; something with a decent track record.

This is one of the reasons we did not evacuate during Hurricane Sandy this week but went to a local hotel.
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote