Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2005, 04:11 AM   #1
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Wireless Internet Texas State Parks

Area media sources report Texas is testing wireless internet in the state park system. It is available in 5 state parks presently, with no fee. Testing is at these parks, Choke Canyon's Calliham unit near Three Rivers, Blanco State Park near Johnson City, Balmorhea State Park at Toyahvale, Goose Island State Park near Rockport and Ray Roberts Lake State park near Pilot Point.
Provided by TengoInternet in Austin during the year of testing.
Hope this info will be helpful to some who are traveling to the Texas area.

Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:52 AM   #2
Montana_1774
Established Member

M.O.C. #1774
As I read the article in the San Antonio EXpress-News, the Parks Commission is in the process of installing and will allow the first three months free of charge.
Montana_1774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:29 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Ooooh, I missed the part about the free service !!! here's the news release http://prodweb.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/041220b.phtml

VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 03:28 AM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I'm sure some of you "Winter Texans" have discovered this state park: Choke Canyon's Calliham unit. We stayed there for a couple of days on our way to the Valley a year or so ago. We enjoyed it very much. You may have to go just a bit out of the way, but it is well worth it. And now with the wi-fi experiment, even more desirable.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We won't be in Texas for awhile but this is great news. I hope it spreads all over the country. The truck's gps laptop has a wi-fi card. After four days on the road when I checked this park for a connection I was stunned at how many networks it had attempted connection to in that 1000 miles! Well over twenty including FlyingJ. So when we pull into a rest area I'll note if there's a wi-fi signal and will do a quick email check.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote