Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Time flies and I missed an anniversary..A LONG ONE

Time flies when you're having fun. I just realized that 4 years ago on October 18th 2003 Lorraine and I officially became RVers and more importantly FULL TIME RVers.
On October 18th we spent our first night in our new 2955RL in our driveway in northern NY. On October 20th, 2003 at 8:30 AM we pulled out of our Brier Hill, NY driveway on an unknown adventure. Since than our voyages have taken us from New Hampshire to California, from Michigan to Florida. There are still many places to go and many many sights to see. You know we don't regret one single minute. Oh sure there were bad days but the GOOD days far out weigh the bad ones. Yeah, there were many times we missed the old stick house and in my case my brand new garage/workshop but that very quickly became a fading memory.
Also on October 29th 2003 was the last time Lorraine and I experienced freezing temps. On that morning we awoke to 28° and a frozen water regulator. I threw that regulator in the trailer with the hose still attached and we headed south. That was the very last time we were in temps below 35° and we love it.
That same morning we tripped a 15AMP circuit breaker where we were connected to the stick house. That same morning we blew the 30 AMP fuse to the front jacks. Luckily I had a 30 AMP fuse in my tool box.
As thay say, "all things come in 3s" and those 3 items may have been the reasoning that we had so few problems since than.
Knowing than what we know now, would we do it again? In a heartbeat!!! And we have no plans of changing our lifestyle in the future.
Having never owned an RV prior, I feel Lorraine and I are living examples that, once you set your mind to it, anyone can become FULL TIMERS and I do mean anyone.
Lorraine just had a physical and passed with flying colors and thanks to the VA I have good health through medications. So as long as our health holds out so will our RVing lifestyle.
One last thing and a very important one at that, This 4 year adventure was made even better by our very close family and friends of the Montana Owners Club. It was the MOC family and the many MOC friendships we have made, the huge knowledge base that this forum provides, and all the MOC rallies we have attended that made the past 4 years even better. So THANK YOU MOC!!

IT JUST DOESN'T GET
ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!!

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Congratulations Glenn, and Lorraine, and Happy Anniversary. It sounds to me like you are living life to the fullest, not just sitting around letting the good times pass you by.

Chances are, you have contributed as much or more to this forum of "friends", than we can ever give back.

If you get too hot down there in Florida, come on up and cool off, .
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats Glenn and Lorraine, I know from your posts that it's been quite a ride. We hope your health will remain for many more years to come!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Congratulations, Thanks for sharing this with all of us, especially some of us newer members. Never know if or when the fulltimers bug will bite. Best wishes for a happy and healthy long future.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Happy Anniversary Glenn and Lorraine! Where have the "miles" gone. Full timin' is a wonderful life style and so happy you kids are enjoying every moment. Looking forward to the day our paths cross once again. Continue to seize every moment making for happy rockin' chair memories. Safe travels to you.

P.S. Think this is the year that Ronald is taking your advice from a few years ago ... "the best way to winterize your fifthwheel is to travel south before the BIG freeze"!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Congrats to both of you and many more happy miles. Our house is for sale and when and if it sells we hope to join you.
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
thanks for sharing. for those of us dreaming of the full-timing lifestyle, this just affirms our wishes even more, and takes a few of the "fears" of fulltiming away. life is meant to be enjoyed and it sounds like you are doing just that :P! congrats!
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Congratulations to both of you. We are so glad you are enjoying full timing and hope that you can continue this for many more years. We enjoy the wealth of information that you so willing share with us, your MOC family.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Congratulations Time really does fly when your having fun. Thanks for all the time you spend on making this forum as great as it is.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congratulations on reaching this milestone. We enjoy reading your posts and traveling along with you. Godspeed!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #11
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Congratulations Glenn & Lorraine,
Here's hoping you have many more
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #12
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Congratulations Glenn, Here is hoping that you have a bunch more.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Congratulations, Glenn and Lorraine. That is quite a feat. Forgetting the fourth year of full timing is not a bad thing - it just shows how comfortable you really are with the lifestyle. We are glad that we have met because of this forum and look forward to seeing you in January. Now go on and enjoy the next four.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #14
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Shame on you Glenn. How could you forget your fulltime anniversary? That's almost like forgetting your wedding anniversary. LOL

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS and we hope that your have many more.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #15
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Congratulations Glenn & Lorraine.. it just shows that it can be done. Hope you have many more years.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #16
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Congratulations!!! Hope you have as many more full timing years ahead as you want and who knows maybe we'll run into each other at the top of another mountain. Take care.

Dennis & Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #17
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Glenn and Lorraine, A BIG CONGRATS to you two very deserving folks. As this will be our first winter full timing, do you have any advice for us newbies (other than staying out of the freezing temps)????

Hope you have many more......

Phil & Cathy
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #18
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Congrats on your life without ties to a stick house. I still have to have the stone and masonary house, but who knows I might down size to the 3400 at some point. We are semi retired now so who knows what lies down the road.

I admire you for living your dream. We aren't getting any younger, so enjoy while you have your health to do so. I know my parents traveled for about five years in a 22' TT behind a Blazer. They didn't have the extras that the 3400 has, but they went from the tip of the Baja to Alaska. I look at our travels as Princess Camping compared to theirs. God rest their souls, I hope that I get to at least see half of what they did in a 1/2 of the space we are pulling.

The point is enjoy and savor every moment and view that you have. Make some great memories.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #19
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Glenn and loriane, its great in the state of fl but they say its hot , id rather be hot than cold up north as we were in the smokies for 3 weeks and burned a lot of gas heating the place ,day and nite as the fire place could not keep up at nite . and we are lower than you here in bonita springs, fl below ft myers on the gulf john and sharon
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #20
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
congratulations Glen and Lorraine. Hope you have many more travels. Enjoy yourselves. We only go around once in life so enjoy and have fun.
The full time bug has bitten us hard! We came down on our house to try to get it sold. Hopefully it will sell this time.
Then we may meet you all on the road or at Branson.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote