Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Moisture between Bath skylight glasses

Gang,
I've noticed a little moisture between the outside plexiglass and inside plexiglass in the bath skylight, of our '09 3605RL.
I inspected the outside seal to the roof, and it looks factory normal. The inside is screwed to the ceiling of the shower. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue. I guess I could take the inside section off, and then reseal. Just wondered if anyone else has had that same trouble.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
First thing to do is take the inside one down and keep the exhaust fans on high until the attic dries out. Then use some weather stripping between the ceiling and the inside dome flange. The moisture you see in between the two is from the shower and seeps up through the gap between the ceiling and the inner dome. I just did the weather strip deal on mine and so far no more moisture...
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
That was what I thought I should do, but thought someone else with expertise might have a better idea.
Thanks
Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
I pulled the inner panel frame off the ceiling and there was a small seal between the inner glass and the frame and it was intact. However there was no seal between the frame and the ceiling, so the moisture was sure to migrate into the area between the two plexiglass pieces. After ensuring that the area was dry, I used a bead of silicone caulking on the frame and I replaced the frame on the ceiling. Thanks for the information. I posted this "fix" for others if there are questions about why there is moisture between the two plexiglass panels.
See you at the rally in about a month.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Two days ago saw (first time) what seemed to be moisture on the top of our skylight dome...as it turned out, the moisture was not on the top/exterior of the skylight dome, but on the underside of the dome. Will use the info from these posts to fix the problem...thanks to all!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Put some silicon caulk around the interior frame and interior plexiglass where there appeared to be a couple of small gaps. Used Exnavydiver's fix, using weather stripping where the interior frame attaches to the ceiling...now, time will tell if the fix worked!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote