Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
Wally Dad
Established Member

M.O.C. #20592
RV Life

Noah, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore!

On to Poteau, OK for a few repairs. Started with needing to replace a window with a bulging seal. Next, the crown molding fell off. The big finish is a hydraulic leak in one of the leveling jacks. We also want to have the tires and brakes checked along with a repack of the wheel bearings.

Any bets on how long we will have to be there?
It’s an RV life for us!😜

Wally Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
ours was at the dealer's 11.5 weeks this time and 8 last time. And
I am betting the furnace and electric levelers are not addressed.
and one of the blinds are not fixed
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Depends on parts and the repair folks and how many are ahead of you. Our three dealers that do most of our work can do most things like that in a day, but we work out when it's coming in. Since we full time we can't afford some of the delays we hear about elsewhere. On the other hand, I do things like the crown molding myself. I prefer screws and things that hold over staples.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What takes the time for dealer repair is getting the parts from Keystone /Vendor. It can take 3, 4 weeks or longer for a dealer to get the parts. Keystone was expanding the service center at the last fall rally to include "parts" . The service center did not stock parts. We will see how that is working out at this years rally.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Six weeks ought to do if you hound them.
Montana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:26 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Those going to the fall rally take note of the activity in that area it is a bee hive of activity with all the manufacturers building Rv's as fast as they can. These have been good economic times for the last few yeas but the manufacturers are well aware there will be a turn down sooner or later like 2007/2008 and into 2009 when that area was devastated by the turn down in the economy. I have never seen the Montana assembly line so crowded with units and every place a RV could be stored awaiting delivery had RV's stored. I would hope it stays that way far into the future as the economy in that area is heavily dependent on the RV industry. The RV industry has seen the ups and downs and they plan accordingly. Unfortunately we the consumer pay the price in the form of poor workmanship.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote