Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Fantastic fall colors.

Just returned from a great week viewing the colors of the Pacific Northwest. Went east over the North Cascade Highway to Winthrope. Neet small western village. While visiting friends in the Tri Cities area one has to stock up on the good wine. That area is the hub of Washington wine country. North over Blewett Pass to Leavenworth. Today was over Stevens Pass and home. In all my years of living in this area have never seen the fall colors better. The bright yellows, and red against the dark green of the firs and pines was beyond discription. Blue skies all week till today home and rain. Boo.

The Monty and TV kept us very comfortable. With all that hill climbing the MPG we won't talk about. It was worth it. If you are ever in the PNW during mid Oct DO IT!!!!!

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
PERetired
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3897
We are not in Washington, but just drove from Minden, NV and the MOC Rally to Bishop, CA. At the suggestion of several others at the rally, we took a side trip of the June Lake Loop. WOW! What color. Like you, the yellows, oranges, and all shades of green were just beautiful. Mary Kay
PERetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:49 PM   #3
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
The leaves are still turning wonderful shades of orange and red here in southern Oregon. We have had just enough rain to keep the leaves from drying before turning. I was raised in New England and though it cannot compare, it is still quite beautiful.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Fall will always be my favorite time to camp. Like mentioned above the colors are so beautiful, the days are not too hot and it cools off at night. Makes for great campfire story time. The bugs are froze off or heading south for the winter. around here in Iowa, the farmers are taking the crops out of the fields and the wildlife is searching for new places to hide, many times in areas aroud the campgrounds we can see deer and other wildlife roaming thru the parks.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Just spent a 5 weeks in Maine, NH and Vermont. This year the color was pretty but the locals told us it lacked much of the red that the maples usually provide. They said the summer drought was the cause. Nonetheless, we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We noticed a distinct difference when we reached central NY State. There were many more red hues between Albany and Binghamton. I am always in awe of what a great artist God is. Go God!
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Well, color me envious. The colors are yet to change here in Georgia. I am past ready for some fall foliage!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 06:42 AM   #7
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Wordsmith,

They always turn a little later over there around Statham, Winder and Bethlehem down to Dacula and up to Redstone. Do you agree?
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #8
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Virgil, They do tend to turn a little later in this area. I would say that I have noticed a trend that is pushing the fall foliage deeper into November, even up around Unicoi.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I share your awe, Virgil and Jo. We just saw His handiwork in Zion National Park and were dumbstruck at the sight of it. It's one of the biggest blessings of having a Montana. We can drive around and appreciate it all.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
And we are following the colors. Started in Minnesota early September then the Black Hills. Colors were peaking at the Reno Rally and the trolley driver at Zion said that in all the years he has been driving, the colors were the best he has ever seen. I guess usually the leaves just go from green to the ground but extra rain this year has brought reds and yellows. Today we spent the day at Bryce Canyon and the colors were magnificent. The snow we saw on the return trip really sucked though. We took a route that went up up up to over 11,000 ft. so it was our own fault. I will try to upload some pictures later this evening.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote