Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Chasing the Mouse

Has anyone stayed at the Campground at Walt Disney World? We are going to be taking the new Big Sky down to chase the mouse (Mickey) and are trying to decide if we should be getting a Premium site, whether it's worth the cost of staying right at Fort Wilderness and how the campground was. Also, the price of the internet there. We plan on going at Memorial day and the week after, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
We stayed there last year for a week.Your looking at about $100.00 a day.I forgot what I paid but you had to go to the hot spots to go on-line As far as the sites I wasn't aware of premium site they all seem about the same.They are tight getting into,the first one they gave me I couldn't get into it,went back to the office and got another one.I was told they were putting $7,000,000 into the campground to accommodate the larger campers.The park was built several years ago before all the large campers.The campground has alot advantages.There are shuttle buses to all the parks and there is a ferry that takes you to disneyworld right from the park.I would call them and ask about the INTERNET
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:59 AM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We would suggest staying near the park instead of in the park. That way, you could use the money that you save to do whatever you wish with it. Last year when I worked at Disney we stayed at Mouse Mountain, just 15 minutes away. There are many parks near Disney and many are very nice. Once into Disney, do not try to see everything too quickly. Disney is a great experience but can become overhwhelming.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:02 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You can pay anywhere from 57 to 72 .00 per day off season and much higher at peak season. The park is nice but can be a bit tight for the larger campers..like the 3400, Etc. The big advantage is that you are "on the Disney complex" and there is free transportation to all points within the park.You can come and go as you please. If you have a internal wifi or a air card you should be able to pick up a nearby hot spot.
We are at Mouse Mountain about 20 Min from Disney and many folks stay here for their Disney stay. It would be about half the price but not as convenient.Check the Disney site for travel packages. Business is slow at Disney and there are a lot of discounts.

IMO for a week or 10 days it would be worth the cost to me to stay at Ft Wilderness.It would make the Disney experience much more pleasant.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote