Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
HOME!!!!!!

Hey everyone-we are home!!!!!! And, I did the drive home, including several turns that I was dreading and did well and pulling into the gas station, which I did without knocking any gas pumps off!!! It is really fun. Dave took over after we got gas as our driveway is very hard to back into and I need practice first before I try that. There are lots of trees and one big telephone pole.
Going to go to bed as I'm exhausted but just wanted to brag a little.
Thanks for listening.
Betsy

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Way to go!!!!!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Good job!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
FAB!!!!!!!!!

Just love hearing reports of gals driving after that class.

WAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It is great to know that both hubby and wife can drive, just in case hubby eats bad hot dogs from a street vendor in Richmond (yep, poor Al!)
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
we all knew you could do it.
Roetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Congrats Betsy! It is so encouraging to hear when other women try driving some and are no longer intimidated by the prospect. You should be so proud of yourself. I am of you!
Julie
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Thanks to everyone for your encouragement. It really is fun and it really does make you aware of what the hubbies go through. Getting home, we have lots of hills and little towns and I had to remember how to get back up to speed and then going down the hill to watch the RPM's, especially if the cruise is on. I forgot the first time and they raced up into the 3000's, not enough to burn the transmission up but Dave had to remind me to hit the brake and give the transmission a break (or brake). Dave was so patient. I think he is relieved as he has MS and he loves to travel but gets easily tired and sore from doing all the driving, so now I can help him.
We have several places I can work on backing up and I hope to be able to work on that before we leave for the winter. If not, we will find places and let me work on it, so I can do everything I need to do.
Thanks again everyone and I hope y'all aren't sick of hearing about this from me. It is just such a confidence builder!!!
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #8
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Betsy,

Way to go I am so proud of you. You even tackled the gas station and backing up. I haven't tried those yet, nor hitching the thing. We have been so busy since we have been working storm losses, no time for anything but work.

Good Job,

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Kewl!

At least that is what our children say is the current "cool" word. Good job!

Kathy is working up her courage to pull our 5er. I keep encouraging her, but, to date, she is hesitant. One of these days - I don't want to pressure her.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #10
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Congrats. Driving is a hard job, or at least harder than it was 20 years ago. DW drove on the third leg home. Give me a much needed rest. Hard on the back and neck. Who knows what lies in the future. It might mean the difference between staying at home or traveling. I used to have to say try it, you'll like it. Now she says, WHEN. That means confidence. Maybe I will just retire from driving and let her do the WHEELING. Then again, MAYBE NOT. She does do a Good Job. Have a Good Day
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #11
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Picture me jumping up and down and shouting with absolute delight! I'm SOOOOOOOOoo happy to hear of the driving that has been taking place since the class. Congrats to all of you (especially you miss Betsy!). Keep up the grrrrrrrrrrrreat work ladies!

Now, for a real "control freak" situation... Rich drove the rig the entire way, from Ohio to Florida (despite my offering to take over)... and I was driving our Honda. Hmph! We took 5 days to get here so it's not like it was all in one day. There were plenty of opportunities for him to let me drive. Guess we know where his head was. (grumble, grumble, mumble, mumble, dirty rotten.....)
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:46 AM   #12
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Helen: Bet Rich was thinking about getting a JOB all the way down there. ggg
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Helen I also have one of those husbands. He does all the driving. He claims he loves to drive. On the way home from tenn. he wanted to tell me how to drive. Like not drive to close behind anyone and turning. Well I politely told him if he let me get behind the wheel more he would not need to tell me anything. Drove all the way home no more talk of making mistakes.
Boy am i a good driver.
rosetta
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote