Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
MOCers

We are presently at Naval Station Mayport, there are 3 other Montanas here. I have stopped by all of them and introduced myself. None of them ever heard of the MOC. I introduced them all to the club by bringing my laptop over and showing them the site. All said they would join asap but so far I haven't seen any of them in the new member listings. This has all been over the last two weeks. I will keep trying... Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Keep up the good work. Those who are really interested will join.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
They do not know what they are missing!
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 AM   #4
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
We are in ROckport, TX and there are 3 other Montana's here. I've talked to several of them and when
I asked if they were members.... "NO". I guess if we make them aware of the site then it's up to them as to
whether or not they would be interested in joining us. I will give them our card.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Card? Do you have a MOCer card?
Does anyone have a MOCer card?
I was thinking of just putting
"Montana Owners Club"
"http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com"
"moc@mocadministrator.com"

And when I see a Monty and they are not members, just hand them a card.

what do others do?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Someone did up cards, sent me the form, but basically, it is the Montanaowners.com image and then you can edit your names and stuff, we use MOC user name, email. Some have their snail mail addresses and phone numbers on them. The person who so kindly shared with me, was clever enough to have the colors of the MOC banner repeated in the info below. I have mine in a program/word processor lay out for business cards, purchased the paper in the office supply store, plain white business card stock. Prints 10 at a shot.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have Word. Can you send me the file. I'll change your name (or maybe not)

Edited: p.s., I could do all that stuff, but I'm just lazy!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
This is a copy of a flyer that I leave on Montanas when I can't talk to the people

Montana, Mountaineer, Big Sky Owners

Did you know there was an online club just for you? That’s right and I have found it to be a wealth of information, especially as a new Montana owner. There are over 100 links to everything that is RV and most are specific to our line of travel trailer/fifth wheel.

We hold several rallies throughout the year and travel many places together. We even hold “Mini Rallies” (def. A meeting of two or more owners getting together for a cold one or a bowl of chili somewhere, this happens often). There are even Travel Assistance Partners in many locations willing to help you in case of breakdown or assistance.

The best part is it is FREE. We have our own forum on the web for questions and answers which I have found to be a big help to me as I start this fulltime RV Lifestyle. We have members from every walk of life to offer assistance.

Don’t fret about being in a formal club. This is everything but that. No officers, no voting, NO membership fees. The only agenda is to help each other enjoy the lifestyle of camping; being it part timers, long timers or full timers…..In fact the MOC mission statement is as follows:

"To Provide Montana RV enthusiasts a calm and inviting atmosphere to exchange valuable information, and enhance their general RV-ing experience."

The Montana RV Club is a club organized for the enjoyment of all owners of Montana, Montana Big Sky 5th Wheels, Montana Mountaineer RVs or any person who is planning on buying a Montana in their future. If you own either brand (any model) you can add to the enjoyment of your RV lifestyle and leisure time by joining the Montana Owners Club.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, you are welcome to join by logging onto: www.montanaowners.com and clicking on register. If you would like to get together please contact me in space 105, leave a note if I’m not there…..We have enough for a “MINI RALLY”>

This is a privately owned website and forum and has no association with Keystone RV Group or any of its affiliates.

Respectfully

Phil Paramore, space 105

Feel free to copy, change or just throw it away......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Nice letter!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
That is a nice letter Phil. Just the tone of it would want to make me sign-in.

Thanks.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:11 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Very nice, Phil.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Phil
I really like your letter. You have covered it all. We have met at least a dozen Montana owners in our travels that don't have computers. Something I cannot imagine! LOL Others tell us they would never join a forum, so we explain about how friendly we are and that moderators take care of bad things.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Some may remember the initial post made by billhoover...as he stated, and I have heard from other sources, the MOC is not very well thought of in all circles.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote