Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #1
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
We’ve moved in and we’re loving it....

We made our last trip from the apartment to the trailer last night. We are very impressed with the amount of storage it has. The bad part is.... more storage = more stuff = more weight.

My hat goes off to our PDI guy at Foley. He was very informative and encouraged questions. The day didn’t quite work out as planned though. We arrived 2 hours early so we could do our own walk through.. Kick tires and that sort of thing. They were still installing the washer/dryer when we got there.
we spent about 2-1/2 hours looking at stuff. Noticed a few things they took care of immediately. After getting hooked up we drove straight to the Cat Scales to see what it weighed so I would have a Benchmark to know where I started. It was dark when we left the dealership (hated that) so I couldn’t stop at the Rest Area to take some good pictures.

Setting up... man, this thing set up so easy I was sure I forgot to do something. I couldn’t believe it. I walked around the trailer twice looking for something I missed. Piece of CAKE !!
The RV Park that we are staying in had some last minute issues before we arrived so our spot wasn’t ready for us. We stayed 3 nights up front by the office (noisy) until a better spot was available. Saturday we moved (in the rain) to the back row and finally got everything situated. I ran my heat tracing for my potable water and got it all insulated. Snow is in the forecast for next week.
We are LOVING our new camper. My bride is happy, and that’s what is important to me.

I have one small issue to get resolved.... my dryer isn’t drying. It tumbles but no heat. It is blowing cold air out of the vent to the outside. I have to make some phone calls today to see who will fix it. Sears or the RV Dealer. Not sure if they even checked it before hand.

I want to say Thank You to everyone that has helped me and listen to me for the past couple of months. I have learned SOOOOOO much from you guys, you just can’t imagine. I couldnt have done it with out you.

THANKS GUYS !!!!

Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Blue, Good for you, buddy. I know we are all happy for you, and to a person would like to have you parked next door to us.
Have a good one, and good luck with the dryer. (Look for a kinked exhaust hose-cycling on high limit.)
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Blue,
So nice to hear that everything is coming together for you. I hope your coach provides you many happy memories to come. Enjoy!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Blue - Congratulations and happy days!

I got so cuddly thinking about your post that said you were on the laptop by the glimmering fire - I had to do get me one. We just ordered today - and I'll be watching all of your posts to see what issues you have that I might prevent!

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Congratulations Blue, & Mrs. Blue, we are happy for you both, and wish you all the best times.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Blue,

Congratulations and good luck with that weather up there too!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Blue and Mrs., it sounds like you are so happy and pleased. That is great! Now, just keep us posted on how things go as you live in your new home! There are some of us who will be learning from what you share with us (like me!)
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Blue, I know how you're feeling. I'm sitting here in my recliner, by the fireplace, on my laptop, watching the local news. I couldn't be more relaxed and stress free if I tried. This is a great life.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Blue, and Mrs. Blue (?? )

We can feel your excitement!!

We is happy for ya!

Enjoy that rig!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #10
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Congrats Blue and Mrs, glad you are enjoying you time in the new Monty!
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:21 PM   #11
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Blue, I know how you're feeling. I'm sitting here in my recliner, by the fireplace, on my laptop, watching the local news. I couldn't be more relaxed and stress free if I tried. This is a great life.
Make that two of us! I'm sending this message from my laptop, watching the news and very cozy! Love this unit! Good Luck to you Blue! Kick back and enjoy yourself you deserve it! Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #12
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations, and I hope you both have many happy days in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Blue and your bride, Congratulations, enjoy! Keep us posted because we all learn from each other.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #14
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Thank ya folks for the kind words. I will keep yall abreast of my problems / concerns with the coach. Also I will still be scowering over the archives learning and studying.

Brad ~ the fireplace puts off a romantic glow with all the other lights off. you will love it.
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #15
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Good Evening Mr and Mrs BLUE. Were both so HAPPY, your finally settled and enjoying the GOOD LIFE. We are looking forward to meeting with you down the road
John and Christa
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #16
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
Welcome to the terrific Monty life. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Hope we get to meet on the road sometime. Hope the Bride is doing well, my thoughts are with you both. Kim
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #17
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Congrats..sorry you guys are having so much rain. At least you will know if you have any leaks. If you are still in the Bellingham area when we get out there next summer, we will look you up. We stay at Samish Island during the summer and I work part time in Bellingham. Take care and enjoy.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:03 AM   #18
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Comgradulations, however, would you share your weight with us? Any weights that you have is verrrrry much appreciated.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:04 AM   #19
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
Blue and Bride, Congrats on your new home! It sounds so warm and cozy!! Marilyn
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:14 AM   #20
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Congrats on the new roaming home. We are so happy for you. We know you will love the new Monty. Glad you got settled in and we hope the weather is always sunny and brigh for your travels. Hope to see you on the road along the way.

barb and bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote