Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2005, 05:45 PM   #41
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
We stopped down to the show again, but this time we took our camera. Here's a link to our pics:
http://jenandfred.com/gallery2/view_...umName=album08

We also noticed the new Montana decals are different than the prototypes we were shown at the factory. They added a sun behind the mountains and slightly different colors.

FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:53 PM   #42
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Fred,
Thanks for the great pictures. I noticed a few options that were on the coach I had seen at the local rv show and the one in the pictures. First thing is the kingpin did not have the More-ryde hitch in the picture, second was the power cord compartment had a hole in the bottom of it to run the powercord through to hook up to shore power at the rv show. The pic said no way to get cord out with door closed, and third I think the kid at the factory made a mistake on the outside light. The one here was left to right like on the Montana. Must have been the kids first day on the job. Still a nice looking coach, but too rich for my pockets.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 04:48 AM   #43
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Looking at the pics again, I think you may be right about a door on the bottom. Our last 5er had a power cord compartment, but had a small slot that the cord fit through. Jen's aunt told us that the door on the bottom is common on motorhomes...something new to me.

Fred

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

Fred,
second was the power cord compartment had a hole in the bottom of it to run the powercord through to hook up to shore power at the rv show. The pic said no way to get cord out with door closed, and third I think the kid at the factory made a mistake on the outside light.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #44
Montana_676
Established Member

M.O.C. #676
mr.fred,great pics.The coke bottle really emphasized how low it sits.Even if I could afford one,It would never make it to where I park my montana at.Plus why was that light on the door mounted like that?also Steve and Vicki thanks for clearing up top of the line for me.I'll stick with what I have,Take care all,Rick
Montana_676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #45
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Excellent, FredG, thanks!

I wonder how low to the ground it is when hitched up? It's hard to tell from the picture but in picture 7 it appears the pinbox is lower to the ground than on our Montanas. That might be illusory but if it is lower, then when hitched the low part of the rig would be higher than when unhitched. Again, it's very hard to tell from the picture. I'm also trying to visualize a situation where that would be a problem being pretty low to the ground. It would have to be a very steep dip or ramp or speed bump or whatever, wouldn't it? Surely the designers did their job in figuring this out??
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:49 AM   #46
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Enlarged the area in question...

Notice the < in the above picture.
As FredG had pointed out in the Pros...- Flat floor basement. In order to eliminate the step in the basement they lowered the entire floor. By lowering the basement floor they also has to lower the area for the black and gray tanks.
This lowered the overall clearance of the under carriage by at least 7 or 8 inches.

In the above photo the rig is hooked up to the TV and the front jack is in the FULLY retracted position.
The jack pad was just about 6 inches off the ground. Traveling on any uneven terrane or going in or out of most any driveway is going to be difficult at best.

As Charlie and Sue said "Maybe when we spend that much money for a 5er we're suppose to go to only more elite resorts." and service stations with nice flat approaches to the driveway.
MY COMMENTS:
Looks too low and too heavy for me. Glad I have the 2004 Big Sky 3575RL. I would have preferred they improve and enhance the 3575RL rather than discontinue it? Oh well, it was a great rig and I am afraid the new Cambridge is way too expensive, heavy and low to the ground! I would not buy it.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #47
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
William and Lydia,

I agree. I would have preferred that Montana keep the 3575RL. But, from my understanding, the cambridge is only replacing the "Big Sky" line. The 3575RL floorplan was discontinued long before the Cambridge was released. The factory reps we talked to at the rally said that it simply didn't sell as well as other models.

Being owners of a 3575RL, we just have to live with the fact that we own a rare floorplan, even though it is (in my humble opinion) more useful than many others out there.

Fred
Old 02-13-2005, 02:06 PM   #48
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Our dealer is a large Montana distributor. I was discussing the new Cambridge with him and mentioned how low it was to the ground. He said they had only made a few and were still looking at things. He said they also were concerned with the height and were looking at changing the shackles for the axle to raise it up a little higher. I anticipate by full production the units will sit a little higher off the ground. As for price, I agree with Steve that they are probably to the low end of the market segment that it is intended to serve. And, depending on sales, that is subject to modification as time goes on.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #49
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
FredG, just in case you were not aware, we were told by Keystone at the Tampa RV Show that the Cambridge is a totally separate line and will not be handled by Montana Division. Rather, the Big Sky is going away because the Montana has evolved to include most of the Big Sky features, making the Big Sky no longer a step up. Likewise, the Mountaineer has evolved to be what the Montana was just a couple of years or so ago (I think he said a few years ago).

That's what we were told, anyhow.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:45 AM   #50
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
Went to a show/sale here in Rochester N.Y. this past weekend and looked at a new Mobile Suites 5er.I hate to say it but I was much more impressed with the 36ck3 than the Cambridge I saw a few weeks ago.Beautifully finished inside and out.All electronics were Sony, two flat screen tv's.The furnace, central vac, water heater, were located in the basement with easy access. household breaker system and morryde suspension. It had everything but a fire place.It was a left over 04'. I think the quality was outstanding. Dual pane windows, insulation, floor-R27, roof-R23, walls-R13, walls were 3-1/4" thick also. $68,000. I won't even tell you what the salesman offered me for my 3650RK, needless to say I didn't buy it although he is calling me again today with another offer.

Charlie
Montana_2304 is offline   Reply With Quote