Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #21
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
Carol, you are correct, it was a very bad day that day. We had travelled five hours in a virtual monsoon. Yes, a MONSOON in Michigan! So yes, frustration was a factor that day. It does look like a very nice place to stay and we would give it another try.

bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
BethandKevin,

OK, that ranks as a 100000% snarky day! ICK.

Next time, try to arrive with no rain, eh??

BTW, you would fit in # 66, IF you can do 30 AMPS, water, and the public dump.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #23
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Tomorrow my wife and I are heading for St. Ignace and plan to stay at Castle Rock RV campground. Does anyone have any input for them? Have plans for 3 days and taking the cruise to Mackinac Island for the carriage ride. We are in Saulte Ste. Marie now and have had a wonderful time just kicking back watching the ships in the locks. We took the dock cruise and yesterday went on the Agawa Canyon Train tour. 8-1/2 hour train ride with 1-1/2 hour to see the sites. Too much time on the train and not enough time to unwind from it. Not a whole lot to see at the end, and the train ride didn't show a lot of scenery for me. It definitely wasn't what I expected. Oh yeah, take a lunch of you go or you will pay a lot for eats on the train. No water available, except for purchase. I will say, I was feeling a little queasy, and the waitresses gave me some Dramamine. Edmond Fitzgerald memorial was a nice view of the lake up hig on the lighthouse. Just, open the gate and go up the stairs. Also, we took the Pictured Rock cruise in Munising, good cruise.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Sorry, do not know that campground. Sounds like you have been having a great time in the UP!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #25
Fritz7
Established Member

M.O.C. #13561
Traverse City is definitely a must see. We have gone there for several years for an anniversary trip in
late Sept. A drive up Leelanau peninsula and Old Mission peninsula is beautiful in the Fall. You go past
many vineyards and the trees are beautiful then. At the tip of Old Mission is a lighthouse. And, of course,
there are many fine restaurants. In Old Town we especially like the pastie place (can't remember the name but
it has a British flag in front. And Leland (Fish Town) is also an interesting place. Then if you head up to
Mackinaw City along the tunnel of trees it's hing to see. Being a Michigander we think that whole
area is beautiful. We even went to Taquamenon Falls and took the winter train ride in Canada.
Lots of snow!! Wherever you go I'm sure you will enjoy. BTW, haven't heard of the Tiki campground.
We usually stay at T.C. State Park, electric only, with dump station and water fill-ups.
Fritz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #26
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Wheelhouse update, lol. We left Saulte Ste. Marie and landed in St. Ignace. Found a great campground right on the beach facing east for gorgeous orange sunrises and orange moon rises. We fit our 3500RL/4 slides in space #50. It had water and 50/30/15amp service, picnic table and a fire-ring. The Native Americans were holding a Pow-Wow this weekend, very entertaining. Wound up there for 5 days. Mackinac Island is a must with a carriage ride and lunch at the Pink Pony deck overlooking the marina. We took the jet boat over and back. Campground is called "Castle Rock Mackinaw rv park" on the north end of St. Ignace on Hiway 75. It was only $27 a night with Good Sam. We were also able to set up the satellite.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #27
subra1228
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10766
We are currently in St. Ignace as well - at Tiki RV and Campground: $17/night under Passport America. Would stay here again. Heading to Tahquamenon Falls State park tomorrow!
subra1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 AM   #28
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Lucky guy, lol. Tiki wasn't posted in our catalog. I have it marked now, lol.