Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #21
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

we are now in central Florida near Disneyworld. Our S&B is in Northern Ohio and our Local Stations are the Cleveland, Ohio spot beam. As we are speaking we are watching the morning Local news on the Tampa spot beam. We have been doing this for the 7 seasons we have been in this area and prior to that the locals wherever we were at in TX, AZ. The locals are changed while we are still on the phone with Directv. We have neighbors that are on the Dish system and they also have no problem with the local spot beam. Such is life.
So with our Direct-TV when we move next month from central Illinois to Ft. Myers we will automatically be switched to their local stations? A couple years ago on our boat (Michigan) we were able to keep local stations the same as our house (Illinois).

Old 11-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
JandC,
In answer to the "automatic" switching..... The answer is NO. It is not automatic. You will need to request a change of the "service address". It should be a relatively painless operation if you get the right person. Best of luck. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill,
I noticed that you indicated you needed an internet connection to be able to watch recorded programs from ANY recorder. We did not have a wi-fi connection on the Genie but are able to watch programs from either of our two recorders. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks, Dennis.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #24
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Bill,
I noticed that you indicated you needed an internet connection to be able to watch recorded programs from ANY recorder. We did not have a wi-fi connection on the Genie but are able to watch programs from either of our two recorders. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks, Dennis.
With Genie you can watch/record any program you record either from the main receiver (34 or 44) or the mini receiver(s)

What is also available on Directv is On Demand but it is via Internet. Not an expert here but our Genie could not support our Verizon air card signal where we live due to strength of signal not the best so we could not use the Internet side of Directv. Some shows are free and others cost but it's a great feature to add if your internet is very good. Hope that helps. the other dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Dennis,

Mariana dislikes seeing all the programs I've recorded on the genie when she goes to the playlist on her DVR. I found that disconnecting the ethernet cable from her DVR prevented it from displaying the playlists on the other DVRs, and prevented the other DVRs from seeing her playlist. I "assumed" that meant that the Genie was utilizing the wi-fi network within the house to connect with the other DVRs. It may not be, if you're whole home system functions without a wi-fi network.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #26
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lije Baley

Dennis,

Mariana dislikes seeing all the programs I've recorded on the genie when she goes to the playlist on her DVR. I found that disconnecting the ethernet cable from her DVR prevented it from displaying the playlists on the other DVRs, and prevented the other DVRs from seeing her playlist. I "assumed" that meant that the Genie was utilizing the wi-fi network within the house to connect with the other DVRs. It may not be, if you're whole home system functions without a wi-fi network.
Bill those items are selectable. Just go to the menu and deselect "Whole House". I think that would then prevent the overlap of programs. Hope that is what we're talking about. Hope all is going well with you folks.

Just got over 7 hour operation on trying to get my heart out of A-Fib. Man I am tired! And my throat hurts to beat the band. But I think the ablation process may have worked. Sure hope so.

I hope Mariana's fully recovered by now and all is well. Hope to see everyone in Q. Have a great holiday season. Later, Dennis
Old 12-15-2013, 06:03 AM   #27
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Dennis,

I checked the menu settings on Mariana's DVR. While I can block the other DVR's from seeing/deleting her playlist, there is no menu setting to block the playlists from the other two DVRs appearing on Mariana's DVR. It seems that only way to do that is by disconnecting the ethernet cable from her DVR.

I hope the ablation was worth the experience and that you're feeling better.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote