Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Slide Out Cabinet Organizers

The three shelf, pull out cabinet, next to the stove in many Montanas is a nice idea but another example of poor implementation. The shelf rails are too low to keep objects in place when rocking and rolling down the road. The end result is the contents bounce off the shelf and into never-never land of the surrounding cabinet. Extensive use of pressure bars helps keep things in place but makes accessing a specific can or bottle even more difficult than it was before.

We found these baskets at our local Organize It store. They are 16" wide and 6" deep with sides up to 4" tall. Manufactured by Schulte, I found some at Amazon "Clicky" albeit at about twice the price of what we paid (~ $8.00 each)

Here is a basket with our commonly used spices. They stay put when traveling and are easy to access. Just pull out the basket and grab the one you need. No need to be down on your knees searching for that elusive bottle.

The baskets are a prefect fit width-wise. The shelf is a bit longer than the basket which allows for easy insertion and removal plus space to store larger containers.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Very Nice! Will look around to find some of these for our shelves also. We have the same problems with ours.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
jim n deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7406
Good idea will look for them Thank you
jim n deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good idea, Butch. Just wish we had one of those pull out pantries, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #5
remhob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10257
Will surely look for them.
remhob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #6
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Thanks for the pictures. I like the way they fit. We're going to pick those up next week. See ya soon.
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #7
billc1949
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12196
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

The three shelf, pull out cabinet, next to the stove in many Montanas is a nice idea but another example of poor implementation. The shelf rails are too low to keep objects in place when rocking and rolling down the road. The end result is the contents bounce off the shelf and into never-never land of the surrounding cabinet. Extensive use of pressure bars helps keep things in place but makes accessing a specific can or bottle even more difficult than it was before.

We found these baskets at our local Organize It store. They are 16" wide and 6" deep with sides up to 4" tall. Manufactured by Schulte, I found some at Amazon "Clicky" albeit at about twice the price of what we paid (~ $8.00 each)

Here is a basket with our commonly used spices. They stay put when traveling and are easy to access. Just pull out the basket and grab the one you need. No need to be down on your knees searching for that elusive bottle.

The baskets are a prefect fit width-wise. The shelf is a bit longer than the basket which allows for easy insertion and removal plus space to store larger containers.

Carl, Is this store the same as the Container Store?
billc1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by billc1949
Not as far as I know. I didn't shop a Container Store here, only the Organize It store (http://www.organizeit-online.com/visit-us.html). I would think they would have it.
Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by billc1949
Not as far as I know. I didn't shop a Container Store here, only the Organize It store (http://www.organizeit-online.com/visit-us.html). I would think they would have it.
. I found the clear shoe boxes at Wal-Mart or Target and they fit "snugly" with the same amount of space for a couple extras AND make removal of said container easier. Same as Carl.

Same idea, different container. (Besides, I already had the shoe boxes from storage in other places in trailer cabinets.)
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote