Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
2018 Utah Rally Travel

We are starting our trip end of May from Washington down to Colorado Springs, CO for the 1st part of our trip. We have a 40 ft unit and will travel back up to I-470/I-70 and into Moab for our second phase before arriving at the Rally in Heber. I've searched other threads regarding I-70 and most replies say to take it easy and steady through I-70 with the exhaust brake doing a lot of the work.

My big concern is the route from Moab to Heber by Highway 191. Is this a good highway for a novice driver or is there better options? I'm guessing this is the route most large trucks use.
Just my apprehensions kicking in, since I haven't taken it out for a year now.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
Henry, you should have no problems with taking US 191 north towards Heber City. You will have the option of getting on US 6 and head towards Provo or following US 191 farther north and turning onto US 40 to Heber City. Both routes are fine for rigs our size. Using US 6 will put you into heavier traffic as you near I-15, but it is a little shorter. The US 40 route is very scenic, less traffic, and is only 20 miles longer. My choice is the US 40 route. You will encounter mountain pass’s on both routes which shouldn’t be a problem.

Jim
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote