Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Canada Meds?

Doc changed one of my prescriptions to non generic and cost to me from my insurance through Express Scrips is $80.00. Looking around I found the same drug out of Canada for $48.00 plus shipping $9.99. Is there any hidden cost like taxes of tariff I'm not seeing? Are these Meds as safe as the ones sold here, and as affective? Are there any Pharmacies trusted over others? Thanks, lots of questions but this is new to me.

Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
When you buy from an Canadian internet "Pharmacy", you're taking a big risk. There has been a lot of discussion north of the 49th recently concerning these drug dealers and the quality of what they're selling. It's not good from any angle. Stick with a reputable pharmacist at a reputable pharmacy. Your health and wellbeing is not an area where you should be trying to save a buck even though the price is attractive. All this is just my somewhat educated opinion and personal viewpoint.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Dennis I have no idea what you take but with the help of a good friend I ordered meds from canada for 1-1/2 yrs and got great service and name brand drugs. I had to go through a process to get them started but it was worth it. Just get a good co to order from. I may be mistaken but didn't I read about folks going to mexico to get meds? I will take my chances with Canada. JMHO
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
I agree with moutard2. After 30 years in the pill business, I have learned enough to be wary of these guys. The only way you know what you are getting is legit is if they send it to you in the original, sealed container that the manufacturer put it in. And with no regulation or oversight even that may be suspect. I know the meds are expensive, but look at what they do for you in terms of keeping you alive and keeping you out of the hospital. The morbidity and mortality that modern pharmaceuticals have prevented on our life times is really quite amazing, and if you look at the big picture it can be quite an economical alternative. I know some vilify the big pharma companies as being greedy and heartless, but they sure have made my life better, and not just because I made a career with one of them. JMHO.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 AM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I used to buy all my meds from Canada Pharmacy. I actually have free lifetime shipping with them. Never any problems. Same medicine I would get here in the states. I've used this site to compare prices. With the cost of the generics at Wal Mart, I don't order any more from Canada. Of course, I still go south of the border for anti biotics and such.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote