Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
Rob Cooley
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4
Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Cooley
I am back again after a unscheduled stop

Normaly my life runs fairly smooth with a hick-up now and then but the last 10 days have been so full of events that it is hard for me to keep up. Most of you know that we have spent the last 12 years in Cape Coral, Florida and decide to move north to Lady Lake for cooler weather in the winter months. We moved to Lady lake the end of March as our new home would be finished by the end of May. Well we have had delays in permiting, concrets shortage, 2 crews refusing to do the roof because it was too steep and you name it so the house will not be completed until the end of September or the first of October. This sorta puts your nerves at the top of the roof. Now also we have been full timming it here in Monty with Zigg, Zack, and the felines so it gets a little crowded now and then. Well last week we had another wild thunder storm and during this one day central Florida had 15,000 lightning stricks counted by Doppler Radar. Well one got next to us and knocked out the A/C, DSL modem, phone, computer, cell phone chargers, alarm clock, and coffey pot. Now it is hot in this neck of the woods and I am at Wally World [Wallmart] at 11 PM buying some fans. Tried to get a moble repairman but they were a week away so we packed up and went to Ocala to Turning Wheel RV for the repairs. Got home late that afternoon and we looked at ourselves and did some real talking about things. We decided that we do not need a large house like we are building at our age so we went out and bought a smaller Villa in the same gatted community and it only has 2200 sq ft and a nice large garage. We are installing new wood floors this week end [engeneered wood] and the new appliances will be delivered next Sat. and we should move in starting next Friday. Now we will finish the big house and sell it this fall as the season starts here. Just got the computer back and a new DSL modem but tonight I am on the dial-up. We may be back to normal shortly but we need to go to Virginia to a wedding and will be gone for a week leaving on the 27th. See what happens when you get hit by lightning.

Rob Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Sorry to hear about the electrical storm in your area. Glad to hear no one got hurt. This should be a good reminder to disconnect all electrical appliances during these nasty storms. Happy rving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:05 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Sorry to hear about your proplems. One storm changes your life around. Hope you get Monty back to normal soon.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:34 AM   #4
Montana_31
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #31
Wow, when things turn south, so to speak, they really turn south! Glad to hear that you're all right. Good luck on your new home and the sale of the other house.
Montana_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 03:06 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Rob,
Good to see you back online. Sorry to hear about all the frustrations Mother Nature threw your way. I am sure the villa will even seem like a lot of space after spending an extended period of time in the Montana. As Tom & I are downsizing in preparation for his retirement we realize more and more how little we really need to be happy. Will be glad when this big house is sold and we have unburdened ourselves of all this "stuff" we thought we "just could not live without" when we purchased. Amazing how simple life can be. LOL Looking forward to seeing you and Julia at the Rally. Keep us posted on your "housing" adventure.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 03:44 AM   #6
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Rob I'm glad you are ok and no one was hurt from the storm. Good luck with the new house, it's going to be plenty of room for the 2 of you and your animals plus it won't be so much to clean for you and your wife.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:06 AM   #7
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Rob, I am so glad that you and Julia,Ziggy,Zack,and the felines are OK. Enjoy the new house.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:43 AM   #8
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Rob and Julia,

Wow! You have had 10 fun filled days! Glad things are getting back on track. Sounds like you got hit by a little lightning too. Pretty big change in house plans. But sounds like you know this the best thing. I hope all goes smoothly moving inot your new Villa.

I'm in the same Lightning Capitol as you and it has been preettttty scary around here as well. I am constantly unpluging and resetting clocks, VCR's and such. Also taking the awning up and down. I'll be glad when the "season" is over. Looks like we have more on the way for today. I'm still dealing with leaks! It's hard to have techs fix leaks in this kind of weather.

Happy to have you back on the forum.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:04 AM   #9
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
Rob,

Until we read your experiences I thought we were busy here.

Good luck on your projects.

Hope to meet you at the MOC Rally and Compare notes.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:31 AM   #10
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Glad to hear that ALL of you are okay despite the storms and frustratitons of the last few days!! Sounds as if it has been quite an ordeal. Sometimes though we have to get really tested to make us re-evaluate what is important and what we need to be doing next in our lives. Sounds as if you have been provided a good opportunity and are making excellent use of it. These kinds of decisions are never easy--but our experience has been that once made, they tend to be wonderful turning points. So, all best wishes for the next transition. Keep us posted on how it goes--we're all pulling for you!!!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote