Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
andrew selkregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #17136
A/C issues with Legacy package

I have a 2015 3610rl with the legacy package, which I like very much. I have a question for anyone with the same setup that might have some experience.
I'm used to re-torquing the A/C unit to the roof with the 4 bolts accessible under the inside cover of an RV a/c, (like the bedroom unit). It's obviously not accessible from the underside in a ducted system like the Legacy. I'm hearing tales of ceiling removal, to change the gasket, etc.? Has anyone addressed this issue or is it a non issue?
I'm also not thrilled with the filter cleaning. I added thin plywood squares, glued to the top side of the ceiling material, as it wouldn't hold screws after 2 filter cleanings. Are these filters available, or is everyone just making them?

Thanks,

Andy

andrew selkregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
The new A/C's are lagged screwed to the roof. You have to remove the bonnet to get at them. The entire A/C unit lifts right off the top of the rubber roof (as far as the wiring allows) if you are inclined to check the gasket. If you do remove the lag screws and rock it over ... make sure the gasket between the supply air and return air ducts is in place when you reattach it, or your A/C will not perform well. Ditch the screw on metal return grills and get the newer style from the factory or go something like this route. Either way, the lid on the grill swings down and you simply remove the filter media ... no unscrewing. You can just buy filter media and cut to fit.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.r...000101234.html
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
andrew selkregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #17136
Thanks for the reply, feel better about the roof A/C and will be replacing the original grills with the new style.

Andy
andrew selkregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #4
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
The new A/C's are lagged screwed to the roof. You have to remove the bonnet to get at them. The entire A/C unit lifts right off the top of the rubber roof (as far as the wiring allows) if you are inclined to check the gasket. If you do remove the lag screws and rock it over ... make sure the gasket between the supply air and return air ducts is in place when you reattach it, or your A/C will not perform well. Ditch the screw on metal return grills and get the newer style from the factory or go something like this route. Either way, the lid on the grill swings down and you simply remove the filter media ... no unscrewing. You can just buy filter media and cut to fit.
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.r...000101234.html
Couldn't find this return air grill in the US - Canada Home Depot has them.
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:15 AM   #5
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
P.S. they don't ship to the US.
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote