Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Two questions

1. Since I purchased our Monte from a private owner, should I notify Keystone or Montana Division of the purchase incase they have any recalls for my year and model such as the refrig recall that has been discussed on another thread?

2. Since this is our first season after winterizing the unit, do I have to re-light the pilot lights when I dewinterize the unit? If so, does the refrig have a pilot light since it runs on electric or gas? What about the furnace, does it have a pilot? I know about the water heater since they briefed me on that when we bought it!

We're hoping to be down in Perry, GA for "The Rally" but we will not have the fiver with us. Hope to meet some of you while we're down there! Let us know where you are or if anything special is planned for the MOCrs! PM or email us if you like!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
1. I am not sure but I would.. what year is it....Is it still in Warranty???

2.The fridge has a pilot light but it should self light when you choose gas on the fridge.The furnace does not have a pilot light.

When you de winterize do a visual check and make sure the pilot lights are lighting///
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I would think glenn would be the person to ask # 1 but on # 2 there are no pilot lits as check the manel but the freg and furnance are elect ignit
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Rich- Our Monte is a 2004 2980RL. It's in perfect shape, as far as I can tell but will be doing some extra inspections this spring when I de-winterize the unit concerning some of the threads posted over the last several months-- like the frame and the welds around the spring brackets and etc. I'm hoping some of the seminars at "The Rally" in Perry will help me out on some of this also! I have a whole list of things to check from this forum. I guess I'll contact Keystone on the unit as soon as I can get out to the Monte to get the serial number and etc. The Monte is about 40 miles from here right now! Thanks for the advise!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The only pilot light to be manually addressed is the one in the oven. Usually, it is not lit until needed, unless you are parked and choose to leave it on. Since we use the oven for pot storage, we don't leave it on.

Unfortunately, our MOC Rallies are not loaded with educational elements. However, there will be loads of experienced MOC members around, happy to answer any questions and go over their experiences with the different systems. So compile those questions.

My first unit was a pre-owned unit and I got great service out of it. If you don't have an extended warranty or a service contract such as the Good Sam ESC, I would recommend it. My EW was transferred from the original owner. I used it twice. Once for an expensive A/C repair and the other for landing gear motor replacement. All I had to pay for these expensive repairs was my $50 deductible.

I answered more than you asked, but wanted to offer additional food for thought.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rondo..If you give Team Montana the VIN they can tell you at least what warranty work has been done on it has..maybe more???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
rondo, if you have your paperwork handy, the units serial number will be on it. They go by the vin # at the factory just as the place does where you register it in your state. I agree with Rich about calling Keystone and letting them know you are the proud new owner.
The other answers were what you were asking for and I have nothing to add to their posts, just do as they said!
Wish we could join you at the Rally in Perry too.
Don't know about your dealers warranty, usually 30 days, I would go ahead and make sure the fridge and furnace work right away, don't wait till spring.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote