Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hawkshead monitoring system bracket

I did not like the mounting system they sent with the Hawkshead, so I made my own version. I like this one...
Wish the subscription worked for me... broke I guess.

Check out the slideshow:
http://tinyurl.com/OzzHawkshead

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jim,
You do good work! Very nice! Enjoy. I just installed a Pressure Pro system. Won't like the mount but have not devised a replacement yet. You've given me some ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Dennis, send me a drawing, I will send you a bracket, pay the postage and a few shackles for materials and it will be a Christmas present. It really helps to be able to go back and forth to the truck to measure.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
I just got some inch wide heavy duty Velcro and mounted the receiver to the dash. Works great.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jim,
That is an extraordinary generous offer! When I get home and have a few minutes I'll look more closely at what I think might work.

Tim43,
Thanks for the suggestion regarding Velcro. I have tried Velcro for a couple of Ham Radio devices and have found it to be less than satisfactory. I get a fairly rough ride in the 450. So every few miles I was having to readjust the things to stay hooked. Also I live in a relatively HOT part of the world. And I have found that the heat is bad enough to loosen the glue that holds the Velcro to the dash. Sure wish that would work because it is the cheapest and quickest way to mount things.
Thanks, Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
One of my customers had me change out the order ticket holders on the kitchen pass-thru. He couldn't drill the stainless, so he used industrial strength Velcro to hold the old ones on, they got hot..kitchen pass thru.. and they drooped. When I installed the new ones with screws I had a terrible time getting the old holders off, that glue is so strong, but the heat gets to them, like Dennis said. I screwed the Velcro onto the wood in an old wooden 28' Owens cruiser I restored, but that defeats the Velcro idea.