Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #41
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Hey Terry,

Yeah, took a chance with CW because our east side experience wasn't quite as good as your west side experience, plus we figured we had a lot more places for repairs than just the two. Still hoping this all works out and they take care of us - and maybe a little something for the inconvenience

Kris has been pretty good about the "I told you so's", as she was fine with staying with Curtis - but again, hopefully CW will be okay in the long run as far as service after the sale.

Totally agree on their pricing. Unless you happen to catch a sale, most of the time you can do better elsewhere.

Hope your recent camping trip(s) have been great!

Greg

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #42
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Well, the latest update is we're still waiting for the trailer - go figure... At this point they are trying to find a source for the G614s. Apparently there's not a lot of call for them clear up north. I do not understand why they don't have them in stock there, as the CWs in Portland I know do. I am also trying to get the metal valve stems installed since they will be going through a tire store anyway and there's no sense having them mounted and balanced twice. We're almost at seven months since the original order - woo hoo. Thanks for letting me vent (again). Hopefully soon I'll finally be posting pictures of this trailer and seeing what a campground looks like again!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #43
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Still pulling for you. Can't believe you're going thru all this!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #44
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Dick, appreciate that!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #45
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
We got our G614's through Americas /Discount Tire and they installed the metal valves as well. Our friends went through CW in Woodburn who had the G614's but not the equipment to mount them so CW took the tires to Americas/Discount Tire to have them mounted. Go figure!!! Seems like they could get them from the Portland store.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #46
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
I don't even know what to say at this point. Those of you who have followed our saga it just keeps going. We were supposed to go up and finally get the trailer on Sunday. Called today to verify everything was ready - they installed the wrong tires. They were Geostar or something. Then they said they couldn't find ANY G614s at any of the sources they have. I called Tredit in Oregon and they said they had 85 in stock. I let CW know so they could order them from Tredit. So, at least we didn't drive the 240 miles one way just to discover they had the wrong tires, but now we still don't have our trailer as they can't get the tires until next week now. We just ask ourselves now if we were not meant to have this darn trailer!

Old 06-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #47
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Good things come to those who wait! Or so we have been told. So this Montana fits that bill you will have a winner... You'll love it
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #48
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is a real life wide awake nightmare.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #49
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Bill, I hope you're right. I shudder to think that after all this waiting, almost eight months now since the first trailer was ordered, that if we get a lemon to boot I won't know what to do!

Yeah Rich it has been a nightmare. This is like Murphy's Law gone wild. I don't think I'll ever be able to look back at this and laugh - at least not for a long while. We missed three outings we really wanted to make, and those we should have been able to make even with the first one stolen. I really wanted to do Seven Feathers and meet some of the West Coasters. And Kris had two letterbox gatherings that she had really been looking forward to doing in the new rig. Frustrating.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #50
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
I applaude you for your patience. I would have told them to refund my money and bought elsewhere if possible. This is bad customer service. There isn't too much of that anymore, its take your money and adios. You've gone this far so you are in the homestretch of a VERY long ordeal.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #51
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigred715

I applaude you for your patience. I would have told them to refund my money and bought elsewhere if possible. This is bad customer service. There isn't too much of that anymore, its take your money and adios. You've gone this far so you are in the homestretch of a VERY long ordeal.

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, I just kept thinking okay, we're there, and then something else would happen. I wasn't sure how or if they would refund our huge sales tax either. Oh well, like you said, hopefully in the homestretch!

So you're right there in Eugene - did you make it to Seven Feathers?

Old 06-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #52
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Well this tired old thread may finally be nearly complete!! The G614s are in and installed - so they say...

So, we are planning to go pick up the trailer this coming weekend - please think positive thoughts for us that it is still there LOL...

I don't know what is socially acceptable as far as details of our ordeal, but I do want to say Camping World has offered us something above and beyond just replacing the trailer so at this point we are pretty happy despite all of our trials and tribulations. I was also contacted by the senior VP of CW sales who wants to know more about our story so at least they are showing some follow-through which I like to see.

Just wanted to finally do a POSITIVE update!! Hope to be posting pictures of this unit by next week and let you know how it looks.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #53
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

Well this tired old thread may finally be nearly complete!! The G614s are in and installed - so they say...

So, we are planning to go pick up the trailer this coming weekend - please think positive thoughts for us that it is still there LOL...

I don't know what is socially acceptable as far as details of our ordeal, but I do want to say Camping World has offered us something above and beyond just replacing the trailer so at this point we are pretty happy despite all of our trials and tribulations. I was also contacted by the senior VP of CW sales who wants to know more about our story so at least they are showing some follow-through which I like to see.

Just wanted to finally do a POSITIVE update!! Hope to be posting pictures of this unit by next week and let you know how it looks.

Outstanding!!! Good Luck with the new rig....it is well worth the wait even thru the trials and tribulations....

Man there are lots of cliches that could be used here but bottom line there is another chapter read and now onto the next.

Hey that's it! Maybe CW will buy your rights to the next RV movie "RV2: The Tale of the Lost Trailer"!

GOD Speed bringing her home!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #54
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks for the kind words Les!

ahhhh! - "RV2: The Tale of the Lost Trailer" - now that is one movie I'm going to have to miss.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #55
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9671
Id be tempted to go put a hitch lock on it , or better yet go sleep in it every night till they let you take it home. Good Luck cant wait to see the pictures.
K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #56
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That was a nightmare my friend and you handled it well. Glad to see it is coming to a end.Once you get on the road it will just be a bad dream.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #57
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Here's hoping it goes smooth the rest of the way and you folks and the rig make many happy memories together.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #58
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks very much Rich and Dick.

We are really looking forward to camping in our first fifth wheel! It's been a while since we sold the travel trailer so we're really itching to go.

Kris just informed me we have to stop at Cabela's either on the way up to get the trailer or on the way back, one or the other - oh darn, I guess I can suffer through that.