Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Snow and more snow

Well, after 23 inches of the white stuff last weekend we are getting 8 more today! Fifth biggest snowfall on record in western Pa.and February isn`t even over yet. It was in March of 93 that we had a blizzard so we`re not safe yet. Still work so can`t get away for the winters yet. Hope you all in warmer climates are appreciating what weather you have. Cabin fever is setting in.

greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We have had way more snow this year than in some other years. Although we haven’t gotten as much snow as what you did we have about 4-5 inches on the ground. It was really bad yesterday morning trying to get home. It didn’t bother me though in the big F-350 4X4 but I did have to be careful for the other people; you never know what they are going to try and do while driving. Just look at the weather cam in my signature and you can see it’s pretty nasty here right now.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Greener We are from Robinson south of you off I 79 we are spending Feb March in Englewood Fl we got out in the nik of time. I remember well the storm of 1993
Ken and Ginny Deiss
uote]Originally posted by greener

Well, after 23 inches of the white stuff last weekend we are getting 8 more today! Fifth biggest snowfall on record in western Pa.and February isn`t even over yet. It was in March of 93 that we had a blizzard so we`re not safe yet. Still work so can`t get away for the winters yet. Hope you all in warmer climates are appreciating what weather you have. Cabin fever is setting in.
[/quote]
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Well guys, we live on the DE/MD Line and got 30 inches a few days ago and now getting hammered as I write. We have gotten an additional 16 inches so far and the storm is still going strong! Predictions are until midnight. I have never saw anything like this in my whole entire life. We are glad we are home because we have horses that depend on us and no one would be able to get to them. What a scary thought. We are snuggly warm by our fire but it is a blizzard out side with powerful winds and snow. Both states have called a state of emergency and ticketing anyone on the roads that are not emerg. personel. Walmart and our firehouse have had thier roofs cave in from the weight of the snow. Sunday or Monday another storm is on it's way...... Grrr!
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
Johnnyg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9710
Here in Hanover Pa they're rewriting the record books. I think we've gone over 30" in less than a week!!
Now the winds are blowing near blizzard rates and the drifting is unreal.
It will be days before the secondary roads are plowed.
Can't wait for spring!!!
Johnnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
cdaniels, I feel for you. We have run out of places to put the snow and can`t imagine what you are doing. I have been watching your situation on the news. Hope you and the horses stay safe. We have people near here without electric for 6 days so far which is unheard of in this area. Take care.

kdeiss, Glad you made it out before these snows came. This time it`s more snow but without the high winds. Enjoy your stay in Florida.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Johnnyg

Here in Hanover Pa they're rewriting the record books. I think we've gone over 30" in less than a week!!
Now the winds are blowing near blizzard rates and the drifting is unreal.
It will be days before the secondary roads are plowed.
Can't wait for spring!!!
Your amounts are about the same as we have. The first couple days it was exciting and very pretty but it`s getting old fast. Stay safe!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
I'm so glad I pushed the snow off my slides on Sunday! Stuck at work now, so all the new snow is piled on them again...

Still had about 10 or 12 inches on the roof before this second storm started - I know the tires are overloaded right now! Wonder how much the roof will hold?
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
We were supposed to leave for Florida yesterday to meet up with friends in Ft Pierce for about 3 weeks. My trailer is buried in over 3 ft of snow drifts and it may be weeks before I can get to it. Even if I could get it I'd cancel anyway. I wouldn't want to leave until this mess clears up. I had a roofer shovel over 2 ft of snow off my house roof, 2800 sq ft. Poor guy, it took 3 hours. We have a ski slope on each side of the house. We spent 7 hours Saturday and 2 hours today clearing driveways for elderly neighbors. Atleast we're getting some exercise. I'd rather be playing golf in Fl. I feel blessed though as there are so many people w/o power and stranded etc. We're well stocked, warm and cozy.
ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #10
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Nothing like a lot of you guys, but even here (30 miles north of Dallas) we are white this morning. A few inches on the ground already and supposed to do it the rest of today.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 AM   #11
radioattic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9967
Here in central Alabama, snow is an adventure any time we get it. We're forecast for up to three inches Friday.

What's happening this year reminds me of my last "Air Force" year in Plattsburgh, NY. So I definitely appreciate our mild winters (that's why I'm here).
radioattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #12
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
It is ether below zero or snowing. these &%$(@#% that want this or have snowmobiles can put them where the sun do dose not shine.After the first flake I had enough. Be glad when this is gone and warms up.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
I am spending winter in Moab, Ut. and its the worst here also! Fri. AM we leave here for western Pa. to take care of family, oh boy am i lookin forward to this trip! Only takin DWs car so not as bad as it could be with the rig.......cya in the snow!
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote