Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #141
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
UPDATE, January 31: Bish's RV in Idaho Falls, Idaho
Our Montana is still in Bish's service department, and the repairs are not finished. We've been given the runaround over and over--"Keystone hasn't shipped the parts," (it had) "Keystone won't cover this under the warranty," (it did), "I'll call you . . . . " (Bish's didn't). For details, read my thread under the forum topic Hey, Keystone, what I'd like to say if . . .

[s]Sales 10+. Very courteous, informed staff who will spend hours with you going over every unit on their huge lot. Even better, they will leave you alone, if you like, to spend all the time you want in those rigs--no salesman hovering over you, yammering away. That was great.[/s] NOTE: What difference does it make if the sales department is good, but the service department is lousy?

Service: [s]Initially a 10, but now it's a 5 and rapidly dropping[/s] It dropped to 0 in mid-January and is now BELOW 0. We took our Monty in at the end of July for some warranty work. Today, [s]December 25th,[/s] JANUARY 31st, it's still there. (Good thing we didn't have any trips planned in the last 6 months.) First, we never had any calls from the dealer; we had to call repeatedly to find out what the status was on our rig. More than once, we were told that no record could be found of our rig being scheduled for service--no record of our bringing it in, nothing. I finally asked if my Montana had been stolen; what else was I to think? Generally, a call or two on my part to the manager or someone else got that cleared up, but it's disconcerting to hear "Are you sure it's here? We can't find any record of it."

Then we were told that Keystone had refused to honor the warranty service on one item. So, I called Keystone directly and asked why. Keystone did indeed have records of Bish's submitting the item--in SEPTEMBER, nearly 3 months after we'd taken our rig to Bish's. Our warranty expired in mid-August. We had the rig in well in advance of the expiration date, but Bish's apparently didn't get the paperwork done for warranty service until September. The nice Keystone rep agreed the problem wasn't our fault and yes, Keystone would honor the warranty.

I've called repeatedly since the end of September to see if our rig was ready yet. The service department has never called us except to return one of our calls. The last time I talked to someone at the dealership, I was told that they were "waiting on Keystone to ship a new kitchen countertop/sink unit." That was over 2 months ago.

Part of the problem is that up here, camping ends in September, for the most part, and doesn't resume until mid-April or May. So, no one is in a big rush to do much with RV-related activities. Another part of the problem is that Bish's service department has undergone several changes in managership, so we were told, and we keep getting lost in the changes. The final part of the problem is that our salesman, whom we really, really like, apparently doesn't work during the winters. That's a common thing at a lot of RV dealerships up here because sales are so slow between September and May. Without our salesman there, we have no "personal contact person" to help us.

Bottom line: If our RV has all the work done and done well, we'll live with the delay. But if we continue to get the runaround, we'll rethink our position. We have liked dealing with Bish's--liked it a lot--but we think Bish's should be calling us with updates, not us calling them to see what was happening with our Montana.
Wayne & Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #142
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
Beckley's Camping Center
Thurmont, MD

Sales - 10 - everyone was great, and price/options were exactly as ordered
Parts Store - 10 - great inventory, and knowlegable personnel
Service - no rating yet
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #143
azleflyer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9140
Johnny's RV Discount Center - Theodore, Alabama "Home of the Sweet Deal!"
Sales-10
Service-10
azleflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #144
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Sterling Trailer Ltd.
Dunmore, AB

Sales-----10
Service---10
Parts-----10
Excellent follow up with all concerns. Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:40 AM   #145
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Mid America RV
Carthage, MO
While I didn't purchase a rig there, their service and parts department rate a 10. Friendly and courteous people, knowledgeable technicians.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #146
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Camping In Style, Brooklin, Ontario, about an hour northeast of Toronto.
Sales: 9 Crystal handled our sale - effective, gung-ho. CIS was willing to talk turkey and make the sale fit our needs.
Warranty Service: 9 very supportive. Gail the manager has made it pretty painless and Ryan the tech spent several hours in the CG one evening, away from his family, to get our electrical system back online.
Service: 9 ditto. Gail and Serge shuffled the appointment schedule to get our work done in time for an unexpected trip. Another tech opened the hood of the TV to show me that the Bargman wiring was not connected and how to do it. Above and beyond. All this while they have endured moving to a new building on the CIS property.
Their secret weapon is Lionel. He moves trailers around the lot and does PDI and demonstration. There is more to this man than meets the eye...
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #147
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Kitsmiller RV in Mason Michigan
Sales: 10 We dealt with John and Gwen
Parts: 10 If they don't have it, you didn't need it anyway!
Service: Warranty: 10 Off Warranty: 10
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #148
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Mike Thompson, Fountain Valley, Ca.
Sales-----------------------5
Sales Manager---------------0
Service---------------------0
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #149
tennisdg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5058
BRETZ RV IN MISSOULA MONTANA SALES 10
SERVICE 0
tennisdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:15 AM   #150
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Bish's RV, Idaho Falls, Idaho (UPDATE 7/13/09)

Sales, 10 (but our salesman is no longer there, so?)
Service, 1 (wouldn't be that high except that Keystone finally intervened and got some action for us)

We picked up our "finally fixed" rig on the way to the 7 Feathers rally last month. The sofa drawer was not only NOT fixed, but was in worse shape than ever. The drawer rails had been remounted, but they are uneven and about 2 inches too close to the front of the sofa. The drawer hangs crookedly and will not go in under the sofa; about 2" of it sticks out, hitting you in the calves as you sit on the sofa.

Closet rail damaged somewhere, somehow while unit was at Bish's. Now the left closet door won't shut. The clip was broken, too.

Kitchen faucet was obviously worked on, but it still doesn't work correctly. A gasket and spring were left out when it was reassembled, and the black gasket it sits on is hanging out and curling up the right side of the fixture. Sloppy, sloppy work.

Our fully functional, working properly OEM TV/DVD player disappeared and were replaced by what Charles Wade, a Keystone rep who saaw the setup at the rally, says is a Jayco unit: a Sanyo set that doesn't fit the TV opening and a no-name, tiny, crappy little DVD player. The remote? A generic Walmart remote that cannot be programmed to work either the set or the DVD player. (Bish's also sells Jayco trailers . . . hmmmmmm . . . )

There's more, but that gives you the idea. Bish's has a lovely facility and some very nice people working there. But there's a big disconnect between what one is told and what actually happens.
The Mathews
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #151
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
RV Outlet USA
Ringgold (Danville) VA

Sales - 10 - Outstanding no pressure experience, very knowledgeable. Could not beat price (CW wanted 20%+ more $$$)
Service - Not used -- NO issues in 5 months of ownership, indicates very good PDI.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #152
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Lazy Days RV, Tampa Florida. Bought our Big Sky there in November, and got a heck of great deal. Very helpful folks in all areas.A 10+ for sales (Jon Smith). So far the VAST amount of warranty work, (and it has been VAST!) has gone quickly, and the non-warranty work as well. I'd give them a solid 9 in maintenance.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #153
Montyman
Established Member

M.O.C. #8786
Leach Camper Sales in Lincoln, NE. needs to be mentioned for their service. We had our Monty in for a couple of small warrenty items including a foggy dual pane window that had lost it's seal. Since we were on a tight schedule they had us in the shop and all items except the window repaired under warrenty in one day. The window had to be ordered so Leach called the dealer in our home town and had them order the window for us to be installed after we got home. They went "the extra mile" for us and I will reccomend them to anyone needing service or a new 5er.

Montyman
Montyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #154
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
If anyone ever needs service in Arkansas, Outdoor Living Center in Russellville [on Interstate 40] is the place to go. We've purchased 4 rigs from them over the years. They have always come through for us, whether it's warranty work, servicing or whatever. They also have an older park a couple of miles away which makes it convenient. They do SOB's also.
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #155
Hambone

M.O.C. #9903
Rv Medic in Tampa, Fla. on Busch Blvd between I-275 and Busch Gardens. Johnny and his wife are excellent people and they have provided great service on several of my rv's over the past 20 years.
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #156
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
JR's RV Repair & Rebuild Full Service RV Shop in Sedro Woolley, WA. They are not a dealer but they have an excellent service department and staff. Kind, courteous and knowledgeable. I had my Wet-Bolt kit installed there today and would definitely give them a 10+
Jack
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #157
nghelwer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7751
General RV, Birch Run MI

Sales 10% to the positive

Had some service done 10% to the positive

Will go there again
nghelwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #158
grizmt
Established Member

M.O.C. #9642
Gardners RV Kalispell
minus 1 on Sales
minus 10 on Service
Will NOT to warranty work unless you bought it from them. Management is Rude,pushy and just doesn't care.

RV Traders, Mesa AZ
+++++10 for service. They are about the best shop I've stepped into yet and I've been to about 7 since buying this rig.
grizmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #159
AirForce75

M.O.C. #8944
Cullum & Maxey, Nashville TN

10 on Service and 10 on Sales. Was our first experience in purchasing a 5th wheel, very experienced and helpful staff. Sevice dept went above and beyond for us. I was especially impressed because we bought a used unit and they made repairs past their stated warrenty date, even offered to drive out the a local campground we were at to fix the AC unit in the heat of the summer.
AirForce75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #160
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Mike Thompson RV Santa Fe Springs gets these ratings from me.

Scale of 0 to 10 (0=no good, 10=excellent

Sales 9

Service 0

Ordering OEM parts 7