Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
DePRATU Ford Dealership, Whitefish, MT

In early July, we were in Northern Montana mainly to visit Glacier Nat'l Park. On Fri. July 4th, my 2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty decided it didn't want to run any more, stranding us along side the Hwy. I finally got Good Sam to tow it to the RV park in Columbia Falls where we were staying as there was nothing in the way of repair facilities open.

On Saturday, July 5th, I contacted Valley Ford in Kalispell and got a huge run-around about how it would be the following Wednesday before they could even look at my vehicle.

I then called DePRATU Ford in Whitefish, told them my tale of woe, being stranded 1300 miles from home on vacation and broke down. They helped me get the vehicle towed to their shop, provided me, at no charge with a loaner SUV, so we could "continue to enjoy our Montana experience" and said they would get on my truck first thing Monday. Also if we had to get out of the RV park we were in, they would get our Monty to their facility, provide power and water until we were on the road again. On Monday morning just after nine our phone rang and we were told the truck was fixed and ready for the road. It was a warranty repair of an exhaust sensor and our total cost was a tank of gas for the loaner.

If you are ever in need of Ford Service in the West Glacier area of Montana, I would strongly recommend DePRATU Ford as they will go above and beyond the usual dealership to help you out

The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Always good to hear about great service. Maybe this thread could become a list of those good dealerships and/or service facilities.

For me it was Joe Cooper Ford in Oklahoma City. Cam sensor failed on previous truck on a late Thursday afternoon on I-240 just east of OKC a few miles just short of KOA, our destination. DW and two young granddaughters with me and HOT. The two young ones had to be back home by Monday afternoon. Got a tow service with a roll back for the truck and he also brought a pickup with 5th hitch for the trailer. Called one Ford dealer, explained my predicament, and they said they could get to it in a week or so. Tow truck driver suggested Joe Cooper Ford. Called them and they said they were busy but bring it in and they would see what they could do. Pickup took the trailer to the KOA, waited while I set up, then took me to the dealer. DW and kids rode with tow truck driver to the dealer.
When I got to the dealer, I explained to the service manager our predicament, and he said they were busy and service was not open on Saturday, but that he would see what he could do. They got us a car since it was a warranty repair and said they would call.
Got a call about noon on Friday to come pick it up, ready to go. Great service all the way and very friendly and helpful staff.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
We were in Columbia falls a week ago and was having a little fuel problem. So as I was heading south I called Dodge in Missoula and they got us in on Saturday afternoon to change out our fuel filter. Great service...
Old 07-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
The Dukes, do you do Facebook? If so you should post your great story of customer service on DePratu Ford's Facebook page. Their FB page is https://www.facebook.com/depratuford?fref=ts
If you don't do Facebook do you mind if I do it for you? This is a great story that needs to be shared.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #5
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

We have had excellent service from the Chevrolet dealers in the western half of the U. S.

The only dealer we ever got poor service from was the selling dealer and after spending $600 on service at a dealer 100 miles away I complained to the service manager and the offending service writer has been demoted to a floor mechanic and the dealer has more than made up for this transgression.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:05 AM   #6
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phil P

Hi

We have had excellent service from the Chevrolet dealers in the western half of the U. S.

The only dealer we ever got poor service from was the selling dealer and after spending $600 on service at a dealer 100 miles away I complained to the service manager and the offending service writer has been demoted to a floor mechanic and the dealer has more than made up for this transgression.

Phil P
Does this mean that if you drive a Chevy you will have so many problems that you meet all the dealers while getting repairs? Calm down...just kidding!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
Fire5er: I've got no problem with you wanting to put this on fb.

I also wrote Ford PR Dept a similar, but more detailed letter, received a nice reply, and they will forward my letter to DePartu Ford.

I'm not a big letter writer. but felt this type of service was to be commended.
The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WeBeFulltime

Does this mean that if you drive a Chevy you will have so many problems that you meet all the dealers while getting repairs? Calm down...just kidding!
Seeing as how I put 40,000 miles on the truck and trailer in 2010 and now have 120,000 miles on it and only have my service work performed at Chevrolet dealers I think I know a little about the Chevrolet dealer network.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
Farmhawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9080
Living in NW Montana, I have purchased 4 different vehicles from DePratu over the past 23 years and have always had excellent service from them. I did not buy my current truck from them for other reasons but will be back again soon.
Farmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote