Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #21
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Orv
We did get our Washington DC channels last year in Florida. I know there has been some changes in obtaining Direct TV signals. I will find out what happens this winter when we head for Florida. So far, i have not had any problems in getting the signals. we have camped in West Va, Penn, NC, SC and of course VA this summer and have received the signal at all places..Ken
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Ken,
Where do you go that you can still get your Wash, DC stations? DirecTV pinpoints your zip code. When we travel outside the Houston,TX area (Lubbock, Dallas, etc) we can no longer get local stations. Because of that we opted not to subscribe to the locals. Every once in awhile, DirecTV offers free locals but because we are out of the area, we cannot receive them. If they'd make the locals available to me wherever I traveled, I would subscribe.

Orv

ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #22
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Chuck, thanks for taking the time to get those pictures. I will try it the next time I go boondocking.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #23
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
There seems to be some confusion as to when you are able to get your "local" network channels when you are traveling away from your home base. We are with DishNetwork and subscribe to receive our "local" (Atlanta) network channels. Our coach has our third receiver in it and we have a portable dish we take with us. While traveling we are able to get our local channels any where in the U.S. The reason this is possible is because the Atlanta "locals" are not spot beamed but are broadcasted across the entire U.S. This beam is called CONUS (Continental U.S.). This is not the case with all "local" network channels across the U.S. Most "local" channels are broadcast via a SPOT beam that only covers a small geographic area. Our "local" channels come to us via Echostar's 8/10 110.0° satellite. Here is a link to a website that lists all the network affiliates across the country and indicates if they are CONUS or Spotbeam. If broadcasted via Spotbeam it also tells which Spot beam is used.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish110_sid.html

Hope this is useful. I have never done this since our "local" channels are CONUS, but I believe you can call DishNetwork and ask to have the local channels turned on for the area to which you are traveling.

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
http://www.tivofan.com/directv/channels.html

Here is some spot beam info regard directtv..The cities are listed as "markets" not areas.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #25
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Ahh, This is why I too have no issues no matter where I go...Number of Channels 17
Location 101 - Spot and National Beams
Channel Numbers (non multi-satellite receivers) 880-894,900-901
OTA Channel Affiliate Network Non Multi-Satellite Channel
2 WCBS CBS 880 (National - Distant)
4 WNBC NBC 881 (National - Distant)
5 WNYW FOX 882 (National - Distant)
7 WABC ABC 883 (National - Distant)
Thanks,

noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That spot beam stuff is a technical nightmare but that chart clears it up.Directv is now Hughes net or the other way around and they will , in the near future go national beam as they add more satellites. The local chan package is a part of the Directtv "choice" package and I can not delete just the local channels but I can pick up the Cleveland market in several markets around the country. I care not about receiving the network feeds via satellite because I can do that in every city I am near as long as I can get Tv reception Via the Camper antenna.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote