Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
How to remove the window "valences"

Simple question...how do you remove the "valences" or "cap boards" which are the upholstery covered wooden "tops", covering all the window openings. If I want to clean or change out a window shade, they gotta come off first.

I hate to start prying on things without knowing what I'm doing..If it can be broken, I will break it, guaranteed ..sad experience.

Thanks,

patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
alden3
Established Member

M.O.C. #1191
I took the kitchen valence off permanently - lets in more light that way. There are screws up under at the top but tough to get to. Good luck!
alden3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I've had mine off two of the little windows in the large slideout and off the bay window in the rear. It isn't as tough as you may think. You need a square drive screw driver with a shaft of about 6 inches long. It's a little hard to see up there but if you use a small flashlight you can do it. I've had to take mine off to restring my day/night shades.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
As others said, there are two screws up there. I can find ours sometimes by feel but sometimes need a flashlight. If there is a cupboard abutting the valance one screw probably goes into that cupboard. Otherwise it's into the wall. Some of the screws are not visible because of the curtain rod so feel around in there. Two screws per valance.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Thanks, y'all...I'll check, and I'm sure that will do the trick..

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote