Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Thanks a "million" Bingo!...

May talk more about this later, but the short story is… I was stranded at the campground without a way to get home and Bingo came to the rescue. He came and towed my camper home for me!

Thanks again Bingo!
Another MOC'ER to the rescue! !

Old 05-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
I knew he was a good guy when we met him on moving day in West Virginia!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Good job Bingo, just another MOC "feel good" story!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Bingo, you are truly a standup kind of guy.
Job well done.

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
First of all sorry this is so long and I hope it doesn’t bore everyone too bad but to elaborate on this story just a bit; we went camping this weekend and this was our first time out this year. Last fall if you remember I purchased the 2004 F-350. I’ve been anxious to tow with this new to me T/V for quite some time and actually made a couple of 80 mile round trips to a nearby flying J towing it just to see how it would do.

Well wouldn’t you know that on the first camping trip something had to go wrong? I had the CC set on the F-350 and it was towing just great on the Industrial parkway here in KY. (55MPH limit). I started hearing several strange noises that I hadn’t heard before; one of which almost sounded like a siren. There are a few hills but not extremely bad. Anyway everything appeared to be fine. I got onto I-64 and upped the speed to 70 MPH which is the Speed limit in KY. Everything still working just fine and the noises had backed off somewhat and at times sounded normal. I was passing an oversize rig on a long upward grade and suddenly I noticed that I was loosing some power. I had to back off and get into the right lane. I was then going about 50-55 MPH. This seemed to be quite unusual for what I had experienced so far with this truck. Now, don’t forget this truck had over 300,000 miles on it when I got it and now it has over 320,000 miles showing on the odometer. Through all of this, all of gauges were showing normal and I didn’t have any indication that I wouldn’t make it to the campground which was about another 10 miles or so. I went on to the campground and after I got there and while parking I started seeing a lot of white smoke. There was a lot more noise than normal that I didn’t care to be hearing. I called the Ford Garage that works on the truck and they said to check the coolant level. I did and couldn’t find any in the reservoir. I decided to tow it to the dealership. I’m glad once again I had the Good Sam ERS. It didn’t cost anything out of my pocket.

Ok, I talked with the dealership today and they will have the truck ready tomorrow. To me this seems like quite a fast recovery. The end result is that I had lost a cooler for the motor and that is all they found that was wrong. They had to get 2 clamps to finish the job. Other than that they had everything in stock that was needed and it was ready to go. Not really complaining about the Truck because with that many miles I expect some things to happen. I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. Hopefully this will clear the bugs up for a while and I can get some good towing out of it.

So thanks again Bingo for your help! It’s really nice to have such a helpful family like we have on this forum!

Old 05-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am just glad that it turned out that there was nothing major wrong with the TV.........and that is considering the fact that it never even had a bow-tie on the front of it. And I beleive that we all would help a fellow MOCer in need, who knows, I may be the one stranded next....and you are very welcome Bill and we appreciate the kind words
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote