Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
LCD Install only .

I have had a few people ask me about the LCD install in the Montana so here are four pics. I hope I have them in order but copy and paste is still a new thing for me.

Picture of TV with the stand on in our bedroom of the stick house

Picture of the support frame built 3 " into the old TV cabinet. Screwed and glued with the other half of the TV bracket attached.

Picture of the TV with the stand removed and part of the Wallmart bracket attached to the TV.

Picture of the TV hanging on the mount.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...r/PA210011.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...r/PA210009.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...r/PA210005.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f7...r/PA210001.jpg

Yet to come, oak framing and another shelf for my HDMI DVD player. Also , finish the inside of the old TV cabinet and install a door to access the new storage.
I might not do that for awhile because I have to get some yard work done. It is like summer out and I have to cut the grass.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
That looks super nice! Great job. I like the black tile around your fireplace; did you guys do it or was it that way? Your place looks awesome.
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I did that tile a while back and I posted pics on a fireplace thread. Before I became a millwright 10 years ago , I was a bricklayer but I did a lot of ceramic tile work. I love laying brick but there is more block work out there now than brick and that is a younger man's game, pumping blocks into the wall all day. I got out while I still had a good back.

Thanks for the kind words. Take care.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Nice job! It really looks great. I'm saving the pictures because we will probably do this right before we start full timing. Ed is a TV addict so I know this is coming some day. We only own 7 TV's right now! LOL
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Thanks Sue, it will look a lot better when I finish it but I had a few emails on how I was going to attach it to the wall so I put it on early. I will repost when it is finished but that might be awhile. Because the 2955RL is smaller in the entertainment area , the wall mount bracket I used was my best choice and it is pretty cheap to buy and still rated for up to 90 pounds.

If I had a larger model Montana, I would reseach the different mounts available. Some allow the TV to swing out into the room or tilt. They would be neat if you had the room. They are more $$$

Take care and do read Jimmy Buffet's books ? I read Margeritaville and thought it was a nice read. I guess I am a Parrothead too and on those rare occasions when I have to have a drink earlier than usual, I love his quote, " It's five 0-clock somewhere "
Old 10-22-2006, 06:59 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Don, yes I have read all of Jimmy's books. He is a really good writer as well as entertainer. His book about his 50th birthday celebration is really good as is Where is Joe Merchant.
Back to the TV. We will probably use one of the swing out at the side mounting brackets in the LR and I am not sure yet in the bedroom. We have doors on the TV cupboard in the bedroom but I sure don't want to loose all that storage space behind the TV. This is for next year. We are still confused about what the new TV regulations are and when it goes into effect. Have really not spent any time researching it.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Great job!!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote