Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Washer/dryer height

Have done a search and can not find anything on this..What is the height on some of the stackable W/D units..we have the 3400 and we are weakening on the washer dryer issue.Alert for the fall rally for those that have the stackable W/D's.Ole Rich will be asking many questions.....

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:43 AM   #2
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Try this web site!
http://www.splendide.com/wd2000s.htm

Dimensions
33-1/4"H
23-1/2"W
22-3/16"D

Sorry, you were looking for stackable units not the all in one?

How about the Majestic?
http://www.majesticappliances.com/Ma...67C6F1C3B9F5CD

Dimensions

23 3/8 inches Wide X 67 inches High X 19" Inches Deep
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Rich, we got our stacked washer/dryer at sears and had the dealer install it in our 2005 (3400RL). It cost us two hours labor to install the unit and put in the vent through the wall behind the main door. We picked up the washer/dryer and hoses and vent to take to the dealer, and two hours later my wife is very happy and just loves having it in our Montana.http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...gecegjdghldgfi.
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will be looking at the various W/D that all of you have installed at the fall Rally..Sort of a Rich and Helen show and tell.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Have done a search and can not find anything on this..What is the height on some of the stackable W/D units..we have the 3400 and we are weakening on the washer dryer issue.Alert for the fall rally for those that have the stackable W/D's.Ole Rich will be asking many questions.....
Rich, Cheryl is already waffling on this W/D issue. One of the most debated issues I think that we had before our final order. She said "no way", "not necessary", "no big deal going to the laundrymat", "gives me a chance to get out and meet people", etc, etc, etc...

I was dubious from the start. This is one issue I didn't just roll over on... I kept after her. My big issue is the monthly cost out of our budget, relative to having a dealer installed option... "Are you sure???" "Are you sure???" Then again, just before I put the final order in, "ARE YOU SURE???" "YEP!!!"

So I order... Then, "I don't know... maybe it would be a good idea..." Sorry... I know none of you men can probably relate to this...

I'm not losing my hair because of genetics. It's from pounding my head against the wall - that explains a lot of other things, too... I mean, I love my wife more than anything on Earth, and she's still my best friend. It's just that... well, my hair is getting thinner.

Also, I would like to acknowledge that women (speaking for Cheryl, for sure) probably have it much worse trying to deal our male quirks/major flaws - they just don't whine like the men do...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Vernon, Glenn ("Glenn and Lorraine") taught me this for any long URLs (actually once I learned this, I do this all the time. I think it's really cool!):

{url=""}Washer/Dryer{/url}

Change the "{" to "[" and the "}" to "]" in the above, and copy the url in place of the red lettering. Make sure to keep the quotes (") right where they are at. Use any words/phrase you like in place of my "Washer/Dryer" above.

I believe you will be happy with the results.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
The best part about your current saga is, now you have options. You can try the lanundrymat for awhile and see how it goes. Go out and price the "installed price" on the washer/dryer you want, then keep track of how long it would have taken you to spend that $$.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I agree, Dave. I might be able to even find a good W/D on the internet for less money than what the dealer would have put it in for. Just don't have a lot of ca$h to be experimenting with...

In the long run, I know it's cheaper to buy later, as by the time you finance a $1K W/D for 20 yrs, you actually are paying [exaggerate] about $2 mil [/exaggerate], or some ridiculous number like that...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Actually, Vernon (or anyone else), I just discovered another way. If you go above this post (or anyone's post) and hit the "Quote" icon, as if you are going to quote me, it will bring this post up as HTML code. You can simply then just copy the following and "Edit" your post and replace your original with this:

Vernon is the GREATEST!!!

You will pull up the same Sears W/D website. You can change my wording... or maybe not...
Old 06-29-2006, 04:58 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The "test" method is what we wre going to do dave..We will track our cost over the next few months.The price in the Laundromats are increasing with high energy cost so the W/D may make more sense now.. We note that the Majestic W/d will fit in the closet and not interfere with the panty storage we built in there.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:02 AM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
What kind of vent do you need with them?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:29 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You need to knock a hole in your camper somewhere.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #13
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Mine is vented out the wall of the camper, looks OK. I have seen on the 3400 some have vented them out the bottom of the basement.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:36 AM   #14
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
We will be having a Whirlpool washer and dryer installed this weekend in our 3400RL. The washer is a front loader and spins at 1200rpm so it will pull most of the moisture out of the clothes. The dryer is a compact 110V. We also ordered the stack frame for more support.
We decided not to go the laudromat route. (too spoiled)
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:54 AM   #15
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Gene, what model number is that? If I get a washer/dryer, I definitely want 1200 rpms on the washer. It's supposed to really help out with the 110v dryer. Squeezes a lot more water out of the clothes before the dryer gets it. Someone posted here several months ago about that, and said that was the RPM speed to check for.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #16
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
My wife would say that using a laundry mat is not normally an option. Having said that, we have been using one this last week because we have been waiting for a part for our dryer. The part arrived a couple of days ago and now it is working great again. We do love doing all of our laundry at home in the Monty.....
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote