Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Anyone know how to take the bathroom door down??

OK, no one is stuck in there, but our bathroom door handle is non-functioning, and we cannot get into the potty room. Now, how is that for a disaster?? I can just hear all the remarks now!

But, seriously, the door handle is now off, but the part that is connected to the part that goes into the jam will not release the part that is stuck in the jam. (How's that for techinical jargin??)

You cannot take the hinges off, or so says my dear hubby. We cannot force a knife or anything behind the latch to spring it.

Anyone got ideas??

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, brute force from two grown men, and one damaged door, it is open. The knob is shot, the door is probably shot, but the framing and wall are fine.

So, why are there no hinges you can get off from the outside??? Sorry, but that sounds like a safety issue to me, you should be able to take the hinges off from the outside in a situation like this.

Anyway, mission accomplished.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #3
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We are sending you an e-mail with our phone number. Hard for him to explain in writing. Maybe you could call us and he can walk you through.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Oops, guess we're too late by only minutes. My husband is a Maintenance Manager at a large Apt. Complex, and this type of thing has happened to him.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thank you Nita, what a nice offer.

John Bozarth came down and looked at the door, he says he thinks he can fix what damage was done and maybe even find parts for the handle. Tomorrow AM John and Al will be off to one of their favorite stores, Home Depot!

In the meantime, the room is useable!
Old 03-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
I know how to do it - uh - well, maybe next time.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Carol
What a disaster! I can't imagine not being able to get in the potty room. Glad you got it open for now. Hope you get it fixed for good.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Rich, maybe you should post the fix here, so others know!

Our fix was basically brute force, that part that goes into the door jam just would not budge, and you cannot take the hinges off from the outside.

One nice thing, we are right across from the shower and toilet house here at the park!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we damaged our door trying to get one of the girls out. she was stuck inside! I'm glad it happened when we were there and not when we went shopping! It would have been a long day waiting to get out! those door handles really s_ck!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote