Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
Montana_5485

M.O.C. #5485
Montana

does anyone out there have a Montana rv 3400 model have you had any problems with it?

Montana_5485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Hello ... and welcome to the Forum

I recommend that you go to the Search function at the top right of the page. In the "Search For" box, enter 3400RL. Select the "Montana Problems & Technical Help" Forum and the "Last Year" time frame.

That will get you started.

What you will find is that all of us who own 3400s have problems, the vast majority of which are minor. We have owned our 3400 for a year now and have had absolutely no problems that we would describe as significant. Sometimes we tend to forget that RVs are machines that get hauled down the highway, often rough highways, and sometimes things break. That is the nature of machines. On balance, however, I think you will find that Montanas have a well deserved reputation for quality construction (in an industry that is not overly respected for quality products) and quality customer support from Keystone. If you combine those facts with a dealer that has earned a reputation for high quality service, you are doing about as well as anyone can expect.

In addition, this forum has one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable, and most reasonable group of contributors you will find anywhere. Both Montana RVs and this Forum have extraordinarily loyal followings. Both are well-deserved and well-earned.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #3
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Don't have the 3400. Just wanted to say Welcome aboard.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have a 3400RL and have not had any major problems. I love the floorplan, highly recommend one!!!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
That model is a very popular model. What Bill has said is right on target. I would only add that if you will only be satisfied with a unit that is problem free, it might be best to just steer clear of the entire RV industry. If you have the capacity to be flexible, patient but firm, and enjoy being a problem solver, then with a few individual exceptions, Montanas are the "best bang for the buck." Welcome to Montana Land. It is a great forum.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Precious, there is a good discussion going on right now in "fulltiming in your Montana" under the thread-purchasing a Montana
Good luck
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Bill Frisbee, that was an excellent summation of how I feel about this topic.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
bwney
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4633
We bought a new 3400RL in November. Spent January and half of February in Florida.

Right now, it is at the dealer for a few minor problems and 1 MAJOR problem.

First night, first site, there was this low branch........

bwney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:04 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just ordered a 3400Rl after MUCH research, and I suggest you do the same,As has been stated the Rv industry, as a whole is not known for excellent quality and workmanship however Keystone and Montana , IMO, as we said after MUCH research are the best in quality and workmanship in the price range.To us the primary selling point was the keystone customer service and their support of the product..Search around in this forum and you will see what we mean.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #10
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Precious, I am on my 2nd Montana. I had a 2000 model 3255. Great unit, it was in great shape when I traded, I had very few problems with this unit for the 5 years I owned it and we loved it and this steered us to another Montana. We now have a 2005 model 3670. We love the layout and 3rd slide. I am disappointed in the quality control of things that the customer should not have to deal with, leaks, inferior equipment, etc. I expect things to breakdown and the need for replacement and personal changes, but this company is no. 1 in the industry. They had better be careful.
All said, I am happy with my unit, my brother just bought a 3400RL because of me and I hope he is happy with it.
As someone said, all unit will have problems, Montana has features that other makes do not offer. I hope you will have few problems and your dealer will stand behind you and help you. We deal we RV Connections in Panama City, Fl. and they have been very good to us.
Good Luck, have fun, enjoy life and it get no better than out on the road RVing.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #11
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
We have a 3400RL puchased in Sept/05 and love it. Yes, we did have a few problems, dresser drawers, remote for furnace, baffle installed in kitchen furnace vent for better distribution. I must give a big bouquet of roses to our dealer though. Never once complaining and always sending a tech out to our site which is 40 minutes away to attend to our every need. You must have a good dealer/customer service rep. It is the backbone of the industry. Keystone are quality products. We have seen and had a few over the years. Hope this helps. Enjoy your rig and just verify with your dealer that if you have problems, they will be there for you.
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #12
mikedesj
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3083
I agree with everyhting said here. I have hade my 3400 for a year now. It is my second Keystone product. I am very happy with the unit. Living in Maine we have many rough roads. I am often surprised that the whole thing doesn't just shake apart. I also agree, if you don't mind tinkering with things at times htese units are very easy to maintain. In fact, I enjoy woking on it. I can say that I also use my unit in the winter. I ma amazed at how comfortable I can keep the inside when it is 0 outside. Hope you enjoy your 3400.
mikedesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #13
mikedesj
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3083
I guess I need to work on my typing skills as well!!!!!
mikedesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I yam a teerible speler bit I youse www.iespell.com and it makes me look real smart.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote