Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Need to look at some new recliners

Well I messed up my factory installed recliner on our 2980 RL. those things melt too easy for me, I usually store the coffee table light on the chair when we travel, I for got to turn it off and the 60 watt light bulb melted a hole right down to the spring. it took about 5 min to do this damage,
So Im looking for some manufacture names from members that have replaced there recliners with another brand, it has to fit in the same location as the OEM chairs so the slides can come in without hitting the chairs.
any help will be appreaceated.
Thanks,
Don

On Edit: My color skeam is that Green mix if any body needs to know, I would like to stick with that color to match the exisiting.

Thanks

Don

Old 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
We bought some recliners at local furniture stores. We didn't want rockers just recliners that were wall huggers. Go to a big furniture store and find some that fit. The name on my chair is Douglas and I don't know what brand Sallie chose for hers. Ours don't match but they fit each of us well.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
We bought a couple of LazyBoy wall hugger recliners at Nebraska Furniture Mart for about 2/3rd's the price the LazyBoy store wanted for the same chair. They are much smaller but more comfortable then the big over stuffed chairs that came with the 5'er. Leaves a lot more room in the living area. Jim
Old 02-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
We just bought a pair of euro style recliners from levin furniture, made by lane for our montana. Pricier than what we could've gotten, but I was looking for quality. Our original recliners are in great shape, just not "for us". Adding the new recliners to our pile for when we pick up our new montana in another month or so.
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
We got lazyBoy rocker recliners from Nebraska Furniture Mart to replace the factory ones. They are the same size but lighter and much more comfortable.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 AM   #6
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Well I messed up my factory installed recliner on our 2980 RL. those things melt too easy for me, I usually store the coffee table light on the chair when we travel, I for got to turn it off and the 60 watt light bulb melted a hole right down to the spring. it took about 5 min to do this damage,
So Im looking for some manufacture names from members that have replaced there recliners with another brand, it has to fit in the same location as the OEM chairs so the slides can come in without hitting the chairs.
Thanks,
Don
I thought we were the only ones that happened to. We used to wrap the lamp in a blanket and had forgotten to turn it off (ruined a very nice wool blanket). Now we unplug the lamp every time we pack up.

I can just see me calling the insurance co while standing outside of the burning hulk that use to be a trailer and telling them "we forgot to turn off the lamp" (Duh)!
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:02 AM   #7
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Don,

Here's a link to a chair company that was at the Tampa RV show in January. Their product on display was excellent compared to our recliners in our 3400. Not cheap but they have a code/coupon that will knock the price down to around $499 or so. I think that includes free shipping and no tax as well. Use code FLRS to shop for discounts. We really like the Model #7036 in Burgandy. They were very comfortable and well made. FYI to ya...

https://chairlandfurniture.com
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
We just bought 2 rocker recliners from Lazy Boy for $598 in a blue cloth. Our Lazy Boy store has a sale going thru Presidents Day. One of our original chairs from our 2001 Montana broke so it seemed like a good time to buy 2 new ones.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:59 AM   #9
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Delaine and I like Love seats and Lazy Boy recline-away is what we have, and its sets in the door side slide and we have end tables on each end. And we also have a Lazy Boy recliner and have no couch, really have had a need for a couch. With the Lazy Boy brand you don't have to secure them they don't move around. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:40 AM   #10
kegger5769
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4412
We bought 2 Ikea Poang chair and footstools to replace the recliners, you can get them in different cushion colors and wood frame woods. We like them very much and there easy to move for travel. Here's the link.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ng_room/16239/
Good luck...
Kim
kegger5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I love the Lazy Boy chairs we bought last year. They are a smaller and so much lighter than the OEM ones. I think we paid around $350 for each chair. We have our recliners in our super slide and the couch in front of the bay window (cats demanded a perch). It gives us more room between the dining room table and the recliners.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #12
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We bought two recliners with ottomans from Costco, brown leather with wood base. They are comfortable and did not break the bank. They fit in our 3075.
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Thanks,
Don

On Edit: My color skeam is that Green mix if any body needs to know, I would like to stick with that color to match the exisiting.

Thanks

Don
This will probably not help Trailer Trash very much...sure they already found a replacement; however, for anyone else out there looking to replace their stock recliners, this may help. After the first time packing up to move to the next site, and moving those HEAVY recliners, we knew a replacement was needed. We just went to the Tampa mini-rv show last week and a fellow representing Chair Land, Inc had a display there and we were sold after sitting in a couple of the chairs on display. We picked two different models to accomodate our different sizes: 7041 for me (taller) and 7036 for Camilla (shorter). The first arrived today (there is some assembly required); the other is due to arrive Friday. We love these chairs and couldn't be happier...no more moving those heavy monsters heavy time we break camp!!! The only down side is getting the monsters out of the Montana...not to worry, I have an axe. If you are interested, the company has a web site: chairlandfurniture.com.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
We too bought from Chairland last year while in Florida, Had the Euro chairs shipped home (free shipping) and then swapped out the OEM chairs when we arrived home last spring. ChairLand is very good to deal with: See https://chairlandfurniture.com/
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We bought Flexsteel Euro Recliners with Ottomans fit in the same area as the factory ones and are comfortable.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #16
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steves

We too bought from Chairland last year while in Florida, Had the Euro chairs shipped home (free shipping) and then swapped out the OEM chairs when we arrived home last spring. ChairLand is very good to deal with: See https://chairlandfurniture.com/
I think the free shipping is still in effect...
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:59 AM   #17
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
We replaced our recliner with a Euro Chair and Ottoman by Lane, fits great and is much lighter then a recliner.
Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
wat42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4557
Some of the Lazy Boy recliners are bigger than others, what model does everyone seem to be going with for their RV? The sizeof the arms, etc. can make a difference. We don't need rocker type either, but just wondering what model/style fits best in the RL campers, not in a slide. We have a 2955 so chairs have to go by back window.
wat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #19
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
We just bought 2 Lazy Boy Harbor Town recliners that are only 28 1/2" wide, (narrow arms) and much more comfortable than the OEM ones.
They are quite expensive, but then we spend more time in Monty than in our stick house, so for us it was money well spent.
Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote