Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 07:48 PM   #21
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjobal View Post
The nice thing about full time is you can change locations and neighbors as much as you want. Enjoy the experience and safe travels
A little different for us. I am stuck here due to work. Oddly we planned on going full time when we retired or at least most of the time or as they say long time/extended time. Now that it is forced it doesn't have the appeal that it once had.......

2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #22
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
A little different for us. I am stuck here due to work. Oddly we planned on going full time when we retired or at least most of the time or as they say long time/extended time. Now that it is forced it doesn't have the appeal that it once had.......

As much as my wife and I love to travel and camp in our RV's, living full time in one has never been appealing to either of us. Too many other loves and hobbies.

We do plan to downsize and travel more when retirement comes but we
both are 100% in agreement we always want a home/garage full of our stuff to come back to.

I think its great for those who do make that choice and love it though.
Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #23
davemitchell59
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23524
We hope to spend more time traveling after I retire in the next 6-15 months. I may spend some of that time workamping. We love our time on the road and, unlike many vacations, as long as we're in our Montana, we feel like we're at home. No burning need get back to our own bed. It's right behind us. Only time will tell whether it becomes full time.

I do have one question for those who full time or are almost full time … Do you move a lot? I know some of you are primarily in one spot for work. But what about the rest of you? Are you moving monthly, quarterly, semi-annually? Following the warmer/cooler weather? Hitting the same spots year after year?

I assume the answers will be all over the board, but we're curious.

Also … How far in advance are you reserving spots? We had a difficult time finding a spot for a week in AZ this February with a couple months lead time. Asking about a month in AZ for next year while we were out there was met with, "Here's our waiting list. Put your name on it and we'll call you later in the summer if there is any availability."

We also had a difficult time finding a spot in central MN for the month of July. We didn't know that central MN would be that difficult. lol

We're just curious how far ahead do we have to be planning for longer stays … especially in popular locations.

Thanks.
2017 Montana 3731FL
davemitchell59 is offline   Reply With Quote