Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Pump on Splendide Bad!

Nothing like getting a call at work from my DW that "somethings wrong with the washer, it won't drain and the clothes are soaking wet!".

So I first thought that maybe there was something in the drain trap before the pump clogging the water from getting to the pump. I told Sue to look at the manual to locate the pump which she did and removed the front cover and then started to open the pump trap and water started coming out. It took her about 10 minutes or so of carefully removing all the water into a small flat pan. Once drained she unscrewed the trap all the way and she said a little green thing just fell out. Now I get this "Uh Oh" feeling in my gut. This washer/ dryer is 3 months old, what could this be? Asked her to take a pic and send it to me. It looked like a mini turbo prop and I figured it was probably the impeller off the pump. When I got home in the evening I ID'd it as the impeller and it looked like it was a pressed fit on the pump shaft with a metal press fit washer. So I place the impeller back on and tapped it down until it stopped. After re-assembly it worked fine, until.....I get another call the next day...same thing!

Sue called Splendide and explained the issue. The gentlemen on the other end noted it was still under warranty (no kidding) and that we could either take it back to Camping World (2 hours away) and have it repaired (figure it would take 2 weeks) or have a new pump sent to us to replace. In looking at the manual it will take me about an hour max to replace so we chose the latter.

Recieved the pump in 2 days. Will keep you posted with pics of the rehab job....