Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Norcold Warranty Service

I made a call to Norcold the other day about my cooling unit and warranty. I was told that if I do not have the "2nd year maintance service" the warranty will not cover any part of the third year. I was lucky and my cooling unit is not bad and I now have two spare thermistors (just in case). But I thought you Norcold owners should be made aware of this requirement. Especially the folks with the 4 door units...Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
So, Dave, did I miss a post? The problem was your thermistor?
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Sorry Bob and Pam, I got busy with other things and forgot to keep everybody up to date. Yes it ended up being the thermistor after all. When I was doing the thermistor bypass test (with thermistor removed) the fridge was supposed to start freezing everything. At first it didn't so we bought a medium sized cooler so we could stay completely out of the fridge for 24 hours. after staying closed for 24 hours it was hitting 2 degrees in the freezer and 28 in fridge which is a good thing. This told me that the thermistor was bad and so I ordered two so I would have a spare if it happened again. Sooooo that is about the complete story so far... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote