Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #1
mustang92
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6132
Swivel recliner problem

Recently took a trip and when we moved our swivel rocker/recliner we found ball bearings laying in the floor. We were able to get them back in and the chair swiveled (not as smoothely as should). However, the ball bearings continue to fall out. Anyone know how to fix this?

mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
wild willy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8295
While in Montana our chairs pretty much did the same thing. The local land fill was $5 a pickup load so ditched them and got good quality leather recliners. I know this dosen't fix the chairs- just an alternative suggestion.
wild willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:mustang92 Posted - Dec 15 2008 : 11:30:13 AM
Recently took a trip and when we moved our swivel rocker/recliner we found ball bearings laying in the floor. We were able to get them back in and the chair swiveled (not as smoothely as should). However, the ball bearings continue to fall out. Anyone know how to fix this?
You can buy replacement swivels. Use the Search feature for Swivels.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We also gave away our recliners, they were very uncomfortable and terribly heavy. We replaced them with our Lazy Boy Recliners from the stick house. They are a lot lighter and easier to move around... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Hmmmm . . . I found 7 or 8 BB-sized metal things around one end of our sofa. Then, when I tried to pull out that drawer under the sofa, one end wouldn't move--the end that those BB things were near. I thought they were from the drawer mechanism, but maybe not.

Are we talking ball-bearing-sized things are BB-sized ones?

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
When we ordered our Montana we told them we didn't want the recliners and bought a pair of Flexsteel Euro Recliners. We can use the footstools as spare seats if needed.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Carolyn, those bearings are most likely from the drawer slide. My drawer used to come crashing out while we were on the road, it finally broke the slide in half and all those ball bearings ended up rolling around the floor under the couch. I made a huge door stop out of an 18 inch piece of 4x6 cut diagonally. We got the drawer fixed under warranty and it won't happen again. The stop is there whenever we move the rig... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
We had that happen to our recliner in our stick house. The bottom plate screws came loose from the swivel plate. We just tightened them up to solve the problem. Our trailer is in storage away from home so I cannot tell if this problem is the same. It doesn't hurt to check as quite a lot of the screws come loose traveling from time to time.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote