Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Toilet sewer connection leaking - 3400RL

I've got a leak in the sewer piping from the toilet. Have replaced the donut w/o solving the probem. The drip leak appears to be at the threaded fitting right at/below the ceiling in the garage. Haven't figured out how to fx it or exactly where it is coming from? Anyone been down this road?

Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:36 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
When I had my Black tank replaced I found out the following. There is a seal where you mention in the 3400. When they replaced my tank they used a OEM type seal and it leaked so they went to Home Depot and got a better quality seal and it has been OK since. Repair person who replaced the tank said the OEM seal was not of the highest quality... I remember that you had you black tank replaced so that seal may be the problem...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:56 AM   #3
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
That's what I love about this forum... you can usually find somebody that's been there done that, and bought the T-shirt wore it out.

Rich, Only 4 more post and you'll have 8888 post! Wow!! Have read and enjoined reading most of them.

Merry Christmas to all!
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #4
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Rich,

Are you talking about the donut under the toilet? As I menioned earlier. I've already replaced it.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
There is a metal plate screwed to the floor. This is screwed onto the sewer pipe running to the black tank. I had a small 'drip' just under the floor in the basement. I used pipe dope around the threads to seal this connection.

If this helps
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As above..It is right at the floor level in the basement... Fire5er.. WHAT..that many.. I have been accused of being verbose.. I find that hard to beleive...
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
bw2,

Your description fits what ours is doing. It appears to be leaking around the threaded part but I can't tell if it is coming from up above or at the threads. I'll try some pipe dope on the threaded connections and see what happens. I am assuming what you mean by pipe dope is ......the glue used to connect slip together PVC pipe fittings. Is that correct?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you can see the "drip" above the floor line then resealing may do the trick. Ours was leaking just below the floor line and nothing was visable above the floor line. It collected in the belly pan and leaked onto the driveway. Good Luck..
Old 12-26-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
mrbig

M.O.C. #9010
Toilet sewer connection leake.

I removed the toilet, Then removed the four screws holding the mounting plate to the floor, Then unscrewed the mounting plate from the big black pipe that goes to the holding tank. I found white grease in the threaded part. I cleaned and wiped off the white grease, reapplied teflon tape to the threaded male part, and then reassembled and presto the leak was fixed. ( I did use the old toilet seal when I reassembled and it worked fine.)
mrbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #10
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Seems someone had that problem recently, and found the closet flange was cracked. Might want to check it closely if you take it out to put Teflon tape on the threads.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote