Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #81
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Broome101,
You are not missing much! That poor sap is just one sad fella that is going to come back yet again under another handle. Keep your eyes open, I am pretty sure we have not heard the last of him....

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #82
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rodney, just a little inebriation (maybe some additional help from some other substance) talking. Didn't even make sense. Admins pulled his remarks? and us who responded to him also - even though we were not negative - off the thread - good move.

One nice thing about FTing, is that we don't have to worry about paying for cement pads for our Montana. We let our unsuspecting and enthusiastic realtives, who are excited (for now) about us visiting their homes, pay for that. Cheryl's sister in Asheville, NC has already asked us for the NEMA# for our 50 amp plug, so she can have her electrician get busy rigging up for us. She is fired up. I figure she will get her first month's electric bill just as we are pulling out of the driveway for Florida... Then she'll be fired up again...

We do not condone taking advantage of our relatives, though. However, we do not argue when they insist on paying for everything. We'll contact her about the amount of extra cement she will need to pour for our 3400 to sit comfortably, in a little bit...

Then we have our oldest daughter in Las Vegas...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #83
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
Sounds like you might be having a 1 time visit to your relatives. Once they find out just what you are coming to town with, they might be changing their minds... lol! When I have the coach at home (in the street) I take up from the property line on my right through half of the 2 car driveway on the left side of the property. And then I open all 4 slides and take up half the street! =) =)
Old 06-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #84
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Dave, I'm already practicing in front of a mirror... "OMG! I didn't realize it would be THAT much!" I getting pretty good at it... Sounds pretty sincere... Now, I'm just working on keeping a straight face during the delivery of that phrase...
Old 06-28-2006, 04:44 PM   #85
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I just stand back and SMILE!! I love hearing folks come up to me and say "that has got to be the biggest 5th wheel I have ever seen!!!" Got that again on Monday night from a fella in a pop up trailer, he could not believe how "huge" the thing is. =)
Old 06-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #86
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
You know, the best visits I have ever had was when we stayed in our RV at someones.
You have your own space and you enjoy each other's company. A famous American President once said that visitors were like fish, they stink after 3 days. When you are in your own RV you probably don't stink until day 7 at least.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:49 PM   #87
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Dave, that's the only problem. I really don't believe my sister-in-law realizes what size she's going to be dealing with in her driveway. Even if I give her the measurements, the actual appearance of our 3400 is going to elicit a shocked look from her...

Oh well, cement isn't THAT expensive anyway in NC, is it???

Don, 3 days??? So far we've made it two... So we're under the American/Canadian average? We have already gotten, "Well when you get here, we'll have a room for you. You'll probably be tired from all that travel..." Like we're riding horses and sleeping in the ground all the way to them... They just don't have a clue. Just got to have patience with your family sometimes... Just keep saying to myself, "Free electricity - free camping..."

Oh, yeah... and keep practicing, "OMG, I didn't know it would be THAT much!!!"
Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #88
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Well Dave, if you ever make it to the Island, I'll give you 3 free days full hookups and we're not even relatives, just Montana folks. Take care and I bet you guys are getting excited about the big new 3400.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 PM   #89
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Don. We are getting excited as we get closer. How expensive is concrete on the Island??? If it has to come across on that expensive ferry, it can't be good...
Old 06-29-2006, 02:07 AM   #90
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
These things are BIG..however they look much BIGGER in close quarters like a driveway.I was Bs'ing with a neighbor who lives a few homes down on the other side of then street who pulls a fairly large boat.He said that when he saw the 3400 pull up he knew it would not fit off the street into the driveway.Said he is getting a bigger boat and will also need more concrete,The thing is we were going to get the 3295 which would have just fit but it escalated to the 3400...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:40 AM   #91
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Dave, the Island has quite a few batch plants so redi-mix is about the same as the Mainland.

Vancouver Island is growing and back in 02 our population was 750,000........ not sure what it is now but the cost of living here is not bad. In fact it is much cheaper here than the northern Alberta towns I work in. As a matter of fact , we just bought one of those giant coolers for the basement of the Monty for extra cool storage for when we have to stay at a remote place for awhile. Groceries are way more in the isolated places so when we hit a Costco at a bigger place, we like to stock up. I think the cooler 's smaller door will be able to allow access by the Monty's trap door, that's the plan anyway. I'll let you know how it fits when I get it in there.
We also will use it in the back seat of our car as we are 40 minutes away from one Costco and 60 minutes from another one and I really like their meat. Bought a whole strip loin yesterday and when I got home I sliced 12 beautiful steaks. 8 in the deep feeze and 4 on the Barby.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:26 AM   #92
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Don, what are the dimensions of that cooler? And what size is the smaller door on it?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:40 AM   #93
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Dave it is about 41 " long, 21 " inches high and about 20 " wide. The whole top is a chest type door and it also has a small 12" x 11" door on one end. Costco sells them. Igloo Max cold and they hold 248 cans of beer or 152 US quarts. They also claim they will keep ice up to 7 days with the temp at 90 F. I paid 89 Can, probably around 69 US for you guys at your Costco.

It will be a good storage location for food in the basement as well as a cooler. This will also fit nicely in the back seat of your truck when you want keep groceries fresh on a shopping trip.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:43 AM   #94
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Don. That's very interesting... Gives me some ideas.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:39 AM   #95
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Dave,
Let me know when you get to Asheville, email me or PM me. I am in Asheville about once per week I will pay you a visit. Only live about 70 miles from there, but business there good bit. I have one of my guys in Asheville about every day or two, so I can make arrangements to get by. Just let me know. see ya
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:47 AM   #96
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I sure will, Rodney. We should be there after the National Rally. We are going right from there in Sept. Probably be there about a month - or until my sister-law-law gets her first electric bill...

I'll email or PM you for sure on the dates.