Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Slide floor rises in coach when slide is "in"

After a couple years with my Montana 3295, I notice that the floor of the Living room slide "rises" further above the floor now than it did earlier (or I just forgot that it lifted that much). Does this constitute a problem or a need for adjustment? (I hope to be at the Midwest Rally in Sept so maybe I could have someone there look at it).

The slides all seem to work just fine with the possible exception above.

Oh...another question. Is there a reasonable retrofit so I can control which slide(s) to put out? My unit was not originally equipped with that option.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #2
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We have a 2004 3295 and the living room slide comes up some. It depends on how much you are talking about. I think that this is due to the fact that the floor is even when the slide is out. Someone else might know for sure. We will be at the midwest rally.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Karl,
I think you can close the valves pertaining to the slides you do not want to open. The valves are located on your slide pump, located in the front storage area.

Weldon
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Thanks for the replies. I don't have the valves for separate slides on my slide pump. That was an option, but it was not installed on the unit I purchased (I purchased from dealer stock rather than ordering).
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Maybe the fellow that works at lippert will get on here and tell you if you can order one and install it yourself. He checks this forum regularly
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:10 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I do wish they would make those darn slide valves easier to turn. Or better yet use a different handle rather than that tinny tight screw valves one must turn for what seems like hours to close and open. Hurts my finger/hands. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Karl, ours also comes up. I think what's most important is to look at the edges of the slide on the outside and make sure it's sealing tightly. If that's ok then I wouldn't think the slide floor being high when retracted would be a problem. Just a guess, though.

The Lippert employee's userid is MIMF. If you go to the Members area and search on that name you should see a link to email him. He can tell you what it would cost to convert to a pump with the slide lockouts.

Montana Sky, I agree with you about those knurled knobs being difficult to turn. I'd like to see a T-handle on them, like on a radiator petcock. Anything I could grasp onto without leaving an imprint on my thumb.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Hello Karl,

There are a few late model 2002's that have our hydraulic systems on them. However, I believe it was 2003 when the IRC valves where installed and on 2004's, it was pretty much standard equipement.

An IRC can be installed on your coach. It just all depends on to what extent you want to go for your three rooms. If you want to be able to control all three rooms individually, it will be a major and expensive under-taking. I all you want to do is control the bed slide from the main and kitchen, then it will be an easy 10 minute task. That is, 1 valve will control the bed and the other will control the other two. A double IRC will take care of that.

For example, my Challenger has four slide rooms. I have installed a double IRC. I am controlling the bed slide from the other three main floor slide rooms. I speeds things up tremendously. Especially if for some reason I want to open the main rooms without the bed going out first. We all know how that sequence works! So, I simply close the valve for the bed slide. Go inside, hit the wall switch and in less than a minute, those thre rooms are out! I can also do it reverse. If for some reason all I want to operate is the bed slide, I close the main valve, and in 12 seconds that sucker is out. Otherwise, with both valves open, it act just like it did before I installed the the IRC. The bed goes out first, then the kitchen, then the sofa and then the big room on the door side which is the dinette, entertainment center and computer desk. It's not perfect but, it is 80% better then what it was before. It has come in handy on several occasions since I installed it.

If you or anyone else is interested in a double IRC no matter how many slide rooms you have, call me at my office (574-537-8900 ext. 4542) and we would be delighted to talk pricing. The price would include shipping and handling and would be on a COD basis only because, we are not set up to take credit cards or due invoice accounts.

The only thing we need to do is determine for sure if your coach indeed does have a Lippert system in it.

Hope to talk to you soon.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:26 AM   #9
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Those valves are easier to turn if you take the pressure off. Just hit the out button a couple of jabs, then go turn the valves you want to close BTW, the Cambridge has individual controls for each slide. It sure makes things easier as there are never any surprises about what starts to move. And rest stop lunches are much easier. The kitchen goes out and the main goes out about half way. Everything else stays in place.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks for the tip, Dave. I did not know about relieving the pressure but will use that tip next time. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:18 AM   #11
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
For what it's worth our 1999 Montana 3350 living room slide rises when it comes in. The reason being that the slide is slightly tilted in at the top when it is extended so when it closes the top makes contact first and as the pump keeps on pulling in the bottom it rises. I assume it is intended to do so as ours works fine still (knock on wood). One big difference is that on the older models like ours, the slide floor is raised over the main floor and isn't flush like it is on newer ones.

snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:38 AM   #12
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
When the large slide is in on our 2955RL, the slide is slightly higher at one end. I have just noticed this occurring recently. If you look at it from the outside the same end is high. How difficult would this be to adjust? All answers appreciated!

Weldon
Old 08-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Weldon, if you'll go to the members area and search Members for MIMF, then click to email him, I'm sure he'll give you the instructions on how to adjust the slides. He has posted them somewhere in the forum if you'd rather search for that. I've never tried to adjust ours so cannot help you directly.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #14
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Hi Steve,
I will do a search first for more info...if that does not work I will contact Mimf. Thanks!