Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
Burlington Graphics

Well after much reading, I finally got the gumption to call Burlington Graphics. I talked to a nice lady named Kristen in Customer service. She was well aware of the problem with the graphics on the Monatana and asked for some photos. I told her I would take a few photos and send them to her via the Burlington Graphics website. She also asked for the date of manufacture. I inquired to see if I could update to a newer style of Montana graphics and she said that would definitely be a possibility due to the limited availability of the older pieces.

BTW when I first called I dialed ext. 1118 expected to speak with Don Jacob and the extension did not work. So I spoke with the operator and she said that Kristen would be the contact at ext. 1120. Apparently Don is no longer with the company.

I'm going to send the pictures in a few minutes so we'll see what happens....

Rescue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
embraceatrend
Established Member

M.O.C. #6316
The Montana graphic on the front cap is peeling on ours, we contacted Kristen at Burlington Graphics, and as you say we took two pictures of the problem and one picture of the Manufacturer date on the right front, she e-mailed us back telling us the graphics had been shipped, and supplied us a tracking number, the graphics were delivered today via UPS, she sent a front name and a front scene, a step by step removal/installation guide and even supplied a plastic tool. Good customer service if i do say so myself.
embraceatrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
Got a phone #.....my 2005 has peeled grapics and shrinking also,and cracking. maybe I can get these replaced??

THANKS
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Our 2008 Montana front cap graphics are peeling so as so as I get a chance I will phone Burlington Graphics
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
embraceatrend
Established Member

M.O.C. #6316
Burlington graphics 1-800-446-0439 in the USA OR 1-262-554-8808 otherwise, Kristin Kapellusch, extention 1120, as a sidebar, i would caution anyone who is going to phone, to leave your dealer out of the equation. My dealer explained to me when i told him about our peeling graphics that i should take some pictures and send them to him because any graphics ordered would have to go through a dealer.
embraceatrend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Someone who has redone their graphics: What did you use to remove the glue residue left on the coach from the old ones before reapplying?
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Clyde n Deb,
Someone will be along shortly to help answer your query. But this past January while at Quartzsite a very nice group of folks made a project of changing all our graphics!

We used heat guns to soften and peel back the old graphics. Then we used the heat gun and a plastic scrapper and peeled off more of the glue residue. Finally used Goof Off or some similar product to remove the final bits of glue. Then used alcohol to clean the area. Then they applied the new graphics.

The glue residue removal was very time consuming. You just have to take your time and be patient.

And thanks once again to everyone who helped do our trailer graphics! They are still looking good.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
A product called Orange All if you can find it works great. When finished removing all the old adhesive a good soap and water wash followed by an alcohol wipe down. After that you should be good to go... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Laquer thinner works quite well to remove the glue
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I just finished replacing my front Montana, I call Keystone and all they asked for was a picture and they sent it right out.

I used a heat gun to remove the graphics, the glue comes off easily with the use of WD-40, then be sure to clean the area real good with some rubbing alcohol.
ALSO be sure not to put the decal back on in the sun. The letters are dark and get hot real fast which make it harder to get them on smooth.
Project took about 3 hours to complete and an extra set of hands helps in re-installing the decal.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #11
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
Thanks for the replies. Figured GooGone would be slow.
Little hesitant to use lacquer thinner, but that would be the quickest I'm thinking. Was planning on the rubbing alcohol final prep. I have the old graphics off the nose, just waiting for some time hopefully this weekend to finish the job.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #12
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I just received my email back from Kristin and she said my decals are on their way. She was very nice to talk with and there was no problem at all.
I put my rubbing alcohol in an old hairspray bottle and it works very well for me. Last longer too and is so easy to use.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #13
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
I'm still in the holding pattern I guess. No word from Burlington yet. If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for them to respond? Not that I am in a hurry but just curious. I still have to get all the old stuff off.

Look familiar to anyone....??

Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #14
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Rescue 1

Yep! That's the way mine looked. And even more faded.

Burlington got the decals to me in just a matter of days. I think it took about a week. No more.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Holy Moley... The graphics on our 06 3400 except for the dings and tree marks look as good as the day we drove it out of the dealers lot. We have never waxed the camper...ever..?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
Well I called Burlington yesterday and left a voice mail. No response to date, phone or email.

I'm seriously considering removing all the graphics this Sunday. I might be running naked soon....
Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #17
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Clyde n Deb

Someone who has redone their graphics: What did you use to remove the glue residue left on the coach from the old ones before reapplying?
The more heat you can get on the graphic the less glue will remain on the rig. Get a real heat gun and not a hairdryer. Good luck.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 AM   #18
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
Well I'm nekkid!! I removed all the striping/graphics except the Montana logo's on each side. They seemed to be in decent shape. Looking at it now you can definitely see where the graphics were. I know I need to polish the fiberglass. Overall it wasn't too bad. The gold stripe seemed to give me the most trouble.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
I got in contact with Kristen today and she said she was going to check on their inventory. She made it sound as if she was looking at sending a whole new set of graphics for an 07-08 model year. I'm just waiting for an email with her results. Progress!!