Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Workamping
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #41
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Well, I'm workamping at Palm Shadows RV park in Donna, TX. It's about 10 miles from Progreso, Mexico, and I spend a lot of time over there doing my dental work. This is my first experience workamping, and though I'm not crazy about it right now, it may not be too bad once they iron out the wrinkles. Of course, at this rate, the season will be over by then...LOL But, I'm not dealing with the foot of snow and freezing temps they're dealing with where I'm from in MI. I much more enjoy running the a/c over the furnace...LOL So, it ain't terrible workamping...just a little unstable here at this point. When you're obsessive/compulsive and anal retentive like myself, this can be a very frustrating time, but I'm handlin' it...LOL So, just jump in and give it a try, there really isn't all that much to lose except for a free site. Time to relax...it's been a long day. Hope all are doing well...

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:46 AM   #42
debstu

M.O.C. #8000
Can anyone tell me a good work source to find P/T summer and winter jobs. We want to go south to AZ or NM in Jan-April and Wa/OR state in May to Oct. I have been looking on internet but not having a lot of luck.....
debstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:09 AM   #43
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
I signed up for Workamper.com. It is $42.00 a year. I get their magazine every two months and get daily updates on my computer on jobs that come available. I think this is a good investment when you are looking for different jobs. Their electronic version is $37.00 a year. Worth looking into. Good hunting
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #44
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
I agree with Deerrahn - give workamper.com a look. It has jobs all over and assists with a resume, etc. Once you post a resume on their site, you will be contacted by employers and you are also notified whenever a prospective employer looks at your resume.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #45
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Sallie and I are both retired from our local school district and because we are not yet old enough for social security we have reopened our house painting buisness at home in North Idaho. We are home for about six months and work for 3 to 4 months in the summer. For the last two summers this has worked great for us.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #46
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Well, Palm Shadows RV Park here in Donna, TX isn't gonna work out after all. There has been this major shake up around here with FAR too many issues to bore y'all with. Suffice it to say, there are nine of us workampers pulling out just to get away from the games and bullpoopie. Seven of us are headed over to Snow To Sun RV Resort in Weslaco. It's only about 3-4 miles from Mexico. I'm not thrilled about having to pay for my site again, but looking forward to having my time once again being my own. Things were getting so negative here, it was starting to feel WAY too much like a real job...minus the paycheck...LOL

So, my first workamping experience wasn't a very good one, but hopefully next winter will be better. I'm looking forward to getting back to my summer campground in Michigan, thats home to me. Of course, I'll wait until the 9 degree temps and 2 feet of snow are gone before I go back...LOL

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and a great New Year!!

Best wishes

Jan Ward
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #47
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Jan, Sorry to hear of your negative experience, hopefully the rest of your winter will go smoothly. I am still travelling a little. In Phoenix now, then Quartzsite, then Las Vegas, then Tucson until 11 April, then heading north to beat the heat.. Hope to see you someday!

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #48
rogerinrv
Established Member

M.O.C. #5126
Workamping is great fun and a fabulous way to learn about an area and meet nice people. We have been Workamping for 2 years. First at Megunticook Campground by the Sea in Rockport Maine. Spent a wonderful summer there.Jean worked registration/camp store, and Roger was maintenance crew. It has changed owners since we were there, but worked with several other Workamper couples we still keep in touch with. Wintered in Vero Beach Fl at the Encore park there. We were the Activity Coordinators and had a fine time. Another great crew of Workampers! It has also changed managers since then. Summer 2007 was at Pine Acres Family Camping Resort in Oakham Mass. Jean worked in the camp store/restaurant and did kids activities. Roger was on maintenance crew again. It is in the middle of nowhere...but very accessable to all the neighboring states. Only an hour and a half to all sorts of places. A great family owned park who really appreciate their workampers. All of our experiences have been good ones. We are heading out west in spring of 2008 for more adventures.
Our 3280RL is just perfect for us to live in, and our Dodge 2500 short bed, crew cab loves to pull it! Playing in Clearwater Florida for the winter at the same park as Glen and Lorraine Adams....so imagine the fun! Several other Montana's here, so I imagine Glen will have them signed up before the winter is over! Hope to see some of you next week at the Tampa Super Show at the Montana booth!
Enjoy the winter...we are!
Roger and Jean Stout
rogerinrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #49
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
We are working camping at Fountain of Youth RV Park in Niland,CA.
Or I should say I am working, husband plays poker and rides his bike!
I found that working 3-4 days a week keeps me out of trouble
Plus the free space helps with cost. Looking forward to going full-time soon and doing some camphosting as well.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote