Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
TV Modification

Well I can’t find it today. I was going to give credit to another MOCer who did a similar modification and led me to the installation of our new TV. Anyway, yesterday I purchased a new digital TV which I’m very pleased with. I had this opening where we sat the old tube box and re-mounted the new TV in its place.

After removing the old TV (still a good TV about 2 yrs old) out, I placed one board in a vertical position for a wall mount support. (This is where another MOCer gave me the idea on how to mount it.) I first placed the TV on the stand it came with to simply check it out. When deciding on where to position the support for the mount; I started wondering why I needed to remove the original stand when all I wanted to do was make it secure while traveling. So, after mounting the center support for the wall bracket I left the stand on the bottom as well just for extra support. As you can see in the photos I can still rotate the TV to a position where I can make any necessary connections. The TV looks like it is simply sitting on the original stand.
I just thought I would share this idea with everyone!