Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC on M.A.R.S. > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #41
RKassl
Montana Master
 
RKassl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Fall Creek
Posts: 1,123
M.O.C. #3699
This discussion is really going no where fast. I can't believe we are have a pissing contest between Montana and High Country owners. This is really not the in the sprite of the forum!
__________________
Bob and Nancy Kassl Fall Creek, Wisconsin
2015 Montana 3440RL Legacy Edition, G614's, Pressure Pro TPMS, Dish Tailgaters
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 CC SRW, Iridium Metallic, Duramax Allison Transmission
RKassl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #42
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 794
M.O.C. #17894
I hear ya. We had 2 Raptor toy haulers previous to the current Montana that hauled around ATVs and a side by side, so I know just how versatile they are. They have come a long way from years past (more slides etc.). We decided that since the toy hauling has diminished to all most nothing it was time to enjoy the whole camper while camping instead of having a garage that was either mostly empty or just became a bedroom for others. Really got tired of the only place to sit down and relax was a couch/sofa with a dinning table always in front of you.
__________________
2014 GMC 3500 Dually diesel 4x4 CCLB Curt q24
2011 Montana 3455 SA 6 point level up Disc brakes
Progressive EMS Valterra tank valves Sailun G637 tires Adp fridge control All led lighting
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #43
waynemoore
Montana Master
 
waynemoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake Havasu City AZ.
Posts: 1,372
M.O.C. #10552
The guy in the million dollar mother home does not have any more fun than I do in my $75000.00 Montana. And I can guarantee you he has a whole lot more problems with it than I have with mine. Not to mention toting around the exter trailer to hall the corvette that is neer imposable to get in and out of.

He HAS to fuel at truck stops much to big to get in and out of in town service stations. Need propane, he has to have it delivered or take the whole rig to a propane dealer to fill the tank.

Has all these motors to look out for, diesel for the rig, all of them have generators and of course the corvette engine.

Me just my truck engine.

Then of course you donít want to leave it outside when not in use so you have to provide storage.

So in conclusion I am back to what my farther said ďbe careful off what you wish forĒ.

Again just saying is all.
__________________
Wayne and Ann Moore
2015 Ford F-350
2015 Montana 3582RL
Firestone air bags, bed saver.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #44
Renegade1LI
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Islip Terrace
Posts: 169
M.O.C. #22165
To bring this back on topic I have installed the drip pans, leak solved for now. We are happy with our camper & I hope everyone else is with theirs. Lets get back to helping each other & having a good time!
Renegade1LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #45
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,786
M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKassl View Post
This discussion is really going no where fast. I can't believe we are have a pissing contest between Montana and High Country owners. This is really not the in the sprite of the forum!
I agree with that and just as soon as the couple of Montana owners that run down High Country stop doing so I will be very happy to not feel the need to defend same!!
__________________
James & Irene Wilson
Bee Branch, AR.
2017 Ram 1 ton diesel duallyCrew Cab/Long Bed
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #46
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 794
M.O.C. #17894
Ok no more bashing, if that's what you want to call it.
Back on topic.
It appears that the leaking gear boxes are not few and far between (There have been dozens of treads on this issue). Most people do not know it is happening to there rig, and by the time they find out, the slide roofs will be destroyed to the point of letting water in causing way more damage to the units in multiple different areas.

Drip pans/roof patch is the fix to leaking gear boxes the will destroy your slide out roofs. You have got to be kidding me.

I would bet a million bucks if anyone's nearly new truck (of any brand) was leaking oil/fluid all over trier garage floor/driveway and the dealers/manufacture's fix was to give you a drip pan to put under it you would not stop pestering them until it was repaired correctly. I know I would not settle for any thing less.
__________________
2014 GMC 3500 Dually diesel 4x4 CCLB Curt q24
2011 Montana 3455 SA 6 point level up Disc brakes
Progressive EMS Valterra tank valves Sailun G637 tires Adp fridge control All led lighting
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #47
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,786
M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I hear ya. We had 2 Raptor toy haulers previous to the current Montana that hauled around ATVs and a side by side, so I know just how versatile they are. They have come a long way from years past (more slides etc.). We decided that since the toy hauling has diminished to all most nothing it was time to enjoy the whole camper while camping instead of having a garage that was either mostly empty or just became a bedroom for others. Really got tired of the only place to sit down and relax was a couch/sofa with a dinning table always in front of you.
I totally agree with you that the living room arrangements of conventional toy haulers leave a lot to be desired. Having to break your neck to watch tv from a couch that was obviously intended for a young family with several kids is not my idea of paradise! Likewise loosing all that living floor space to a utility garage seemed like an awful waste. And that is why we are so happy with the HC381TH. It addresses those concerns. You have a front living room that feels just like a sticks and bricks. You have a real middle kitchen and you donít lose any floor space to a garage!! And too top it off you donít have to unload the toys to use the garage to sleep grandkids/visitors! Whatís not to like about that!!
__________________
James & Irene Wilson
Bee Branch, AR.
2017 Ram 1 ton diesel duallyCrew Cab/Long Bed
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #48
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 794
M.O.C. #17894
I have never looked at that unit before. Looks like a nice layout. She is heavy though, triple axle at 17k max loaded. Not trying to bash but IMHO clearly in dually or better territory with 3400 to 4250lbs or so of pin weight.

I like the front living space. We looked at them (front living) before, but most of them had small front storage bays. This unit addresses that issue with the garage. What are the dimension's of it ? Height/width/depth ?

I like the enclosed bath (all in one room) Way nicer shower than ours.

Bed room looks good, with a lot of clothes storage (more than ours), but the critical part of me does not like the fact that there is no cross ventilation from windows on both sides. (we keep the windows open more than we close them and run the a/c ).

Looks like one thing you give up is kitchen/LR cabinet space. Our 3455sa has so much cabinet space between the kitchen and LR that I don't ever foresee filling them all,( just saying)

I would love to have that much awning space (thought about putting a second one on our LR slide).Might happen some day.

I will have to find one locally and go check it out, but I am NOT buying any more campers or RVs. LOL
__________________
2014 GMC 3500 Dually diesel 4x4 CCLB Curt q24
2011 Montana 3455 SA 6 point level up Disc brakes
Progressive EMS Valterra tank valves Sailun G637 tires Adp fridge control All led lighting
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #49
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 794
M.O.C. #17894
Another ? for you, I have access to the fridge/bed room/ bathroom with the slides closed. Just wondering if you can do the same. It looks like it may be to tight to get to the bath/BR
__________________
2014 GMC 3500 Dually diesel 4x4 CCLB Curt q24
2011 Montana 3455 SA 6 point level up Disc brakes
Progressive EMS Valterra tank valves Sailun G637 tires Adp fridge control All led lighting
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #50
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 1,786
M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I have never looked at that unit before. Looks like a nice layout. She is heavy though, triple axle at 17k max loaded. Not trying to bash but IMHO clearly in dually or better territory with 3400 to 4250lbs or so of pin weight.

I like the front living space. We looked at them (front living) before, but most of them had small front storage bays. This unit addresses that issue with the garage. What are the dimension's of it ? Height/width/depth ?

I like the enclosed bath (all in one room) Way nicer shower than ours.

Bed room looks good, with a lot of clothes storage (more than ours), but the critical part of me does not like the fact that there is no cross ventilation from windows on both sides. (we keep the windows open more than we close them and run the a/c ).

Looks like one thing you give up is kitchen/LR cabinet space. Our 3455sa has so much cabinet space between the kitchen and LR that I don't ever foresee filling them all,( just saying)

I would love to have that much awning space (thought about putting a second one on our LR slide).Might happen some day.

I will have to find one locally and go check it out, but I am NOT buying any more campers or RVs. LOL
Well you already have the 1 ton.

There isn't quite as much cabinet space inside the HC 381TH as maybe some other luxury class rigs of the same size but like you say it does have the garage. It also has a front pass thru, Forward generator compartment, nice pass thru belly storage midship and rear wing storage that is great for tool boxes and those fold up chairs.

It is a 42' long 13' 2" tall rig and the roof is flat front to back (as in not tapered like the typical 5er. That flat roof makes the rig look even bigger than it is.

The massive awning space all the way down the door side was a major selling point for the wife. The 381 also does NOT have a slide coming out on the door side midship (IE: kitchen area) That slide is on the passenger side and as such does not interfere with the use of your outdoor awning space! Having a slide on the door side midship was an absolute deal killer for us on other models we have looked at in the past. As most folks we have a list of the absolute deal killers and the absolute must haves in a floor plan. The HC 381TH just checked nearly every must have box for us and didn't have any deal killers.

Granted not everyone likes the same floor plan and we all have different preferences. But that's why they make so many different models!! But for sure the 380/381TH is a unique and innovative floor plan vastly different from anything else on the market. You only have to visit a dealer to see just how popular the floor plan is. Longest I have heard of one on a dealers lot was 2 weeks! Most are sold before they even arrive.
__________________
James & Irene Wilson
Bee Branch, AR.
2017 Ram 1 ton diesel duallyCrew Cab/Long Bed
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.