Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #22
sdetweil
Established Member

M.O.C. #13656
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrowe82 View Post
I run my rig with a Honda EU7000is....which is the direct replacement for the EU6500is.) The main difference is the 7000 has fuel injection instead of carb.) I have no problem starting and running my two air conditioners....a 15k and a 13.5k. I am plugged in the 4-prong outlet and have the output selector switch on the 120v/240v position. It is possible that your rig is wired (improperly) with both A/Cs on the same hot leg. For these type generators, it is important that each leg load is kept below 50% of the total generator output, and less that that 30 amp breaker (per leg).
when I added the Onan genny to my 2013 Alpine, I discovered that both A/C units were on the same power leg... moved the breaker over 1 and split the load.

I also added a progressive EMS with monitor and watch the loads for balance when I check into a place.
sdetweil is offline   Reply With Quote